Monday, February 17, 2014

Hertzler Doings~Feb. 17-23, 2014

Mon.-Did odds and ends-cleaning, washing clothes, etc. When Susan left for the gym and basketball, I buckled down to study some more. I'm quite sure I have enough material to teach for a number of sessions and will need to figure out what is most important when the time comes. Guys were working around here today tearing down the old dog pen and building another one. Found 3 friends from the Red Lake Children's Home on face book today. I was in my late teens when I talked with them last. But working together for a year on a daily basis is a good foundation for lasting friendships. I wish I had kept in better touch with them but it sure is fun finding them now. I've been looking for them and then, out of the blue, two of them found me and through one of them, I found another. Gina and Wade had their twins today! C-section. Two little healthy boys. I can't wait to hold them. Susan wants to go over and help her too so we'll have to go visit when things slow down for all of us.

Tues-Thurs.-Blog and internet acting up. At the end of our time I guess. Busy with housework and Encounter. It's like Spring here. And muddy everywhere. Michael took me to the cottage today to settle my soul and Phil picked me up. In the Polaris. Phil's been trapping muskrats. Michael started training other pilots. Guys started working at neighbors to strengthen his house. He has a refrigerator just for eggs. Said even his rooster has started laying. Susan was at the HHouse today to help her with housework. Went to basketball practice and then the gym. Phil and Philip took a load to the auction. Michael and I watched some Monk. So tired. Dr. F. said that my back pain since last Thursdays snow was due to my kidney's. That's why pain meds didn't even touch it. She pushed them back into place and I'm a new woman. Plus I am using a natural anti-inflammatory herb-curcumin. Saw a picture of my nephew Jonathan on fb. Made me homesick for him and his mama and his grandma in the picture background. Headed to bed early tonight.

Fri.-Women's Encounter in the evening. Slept at Judy's overnight.
Sat.-Back at church by 6:30. What a glorious exhausting day.
Sun.-Testimonies from Women's Encounter. Alli brought the house down. Clear. Concise. Powerful. Real. Went to Michelle's shower in the afternoon. To bed early. Words fail me. What a weekend. Thank you God.

No comments: