Monday, October 27, 2014

Hertzler Doings~Oct. 27-Nov. 2, 2014

Mon.-Alli, Nathan, and I, made it the whole way out the lane and back. Red Stroller and coffee in hand. Cleaned out the fridge and made a big chicken curry with rice stir fry for supper. Michael helped Phil get the combine and Philip helped some guys get their corn in the grain bins. Phil combined for many hours and I delivered supper to him in a bucket. Susan and I watched a Columbo and hit the sack.

Tues.-I had Nathan for a little while so his mommy could clean the house. He fell asleep in his red stroller and took a nap in the shade-80 degrees here-for at least two hours while I mended and cleaned Freeman's humongous teddy bear that was given to him before he was born. Pat B. handmade it. I studied, too, and sat on the back steps. Alli came then, and sat near him, while I cleaned the outside fridge. Later I swept the garage and cleaned the butcher shop. I'm in a race with winter. It's so beautiful here. The trees are at their peak. Susan went to Jenny's in the eve. to practice basketball. Michael had school and was helping around the farm. Phil is combining here and will finish up tomorrow and head over to O'Brien's and then Happy Valley. They will be racing the rain that is to come tomorrow afternoon.

Wed.-Took Nathan for a little walk while his mommy ran to get groceries. He slept for about half an hour and then we played and caught up with Great Aunt Helen on the phone. She told me about her dancing escapades at her nephew's wedding and how her calf muscle popped and she has to take it easy for awhile. How pleasant her voice and her love and kindness. I tell you, I have the best sister in laws in the world. I have the best friends too. And the best family. My heart is full and overflows. I studied The Holy Spirit for awhile this morning, trying to condense months of study into 30 minutes for the Women's Encounter that is coming up. What do I want them to take away? That's the question I keep asking. That Jesus loves them. That the Holy Spirit has always been at work in the world. That now He is in us, never to leave us or forsake us. That He is our helper, teacher, guide, comforter. That He does not judge by the seeing of his eyes nor by the hearing of his ears. And that He gives good gifts that we are to use in love to build up the body. Oh God, what else? Teach me. Use me. I'm making a big roast and blueberry pie and I mixed up hot chocolate mix. It tastes a little funny and I'm concerned that there may be aspartame in it. The combine is still doing it's job and Phil works from Dawn to Dusk. Susan took the car out to Andy's because she smelled burning rubber. They looked and looked and finally found a plastic bag in the exhaust pipe. They didn't charge. She hung out with Shorty after their walk/gym workout and Shorty helped her with transportation. I'm headed out to church tonight for dinner and an Encounter meeting.

Thurs.-Susan and I combined our activities in Appomattox and as I was dropping her off at the gym, some electricians pointed out that I had a flat tire. They changed it and I went on my way with their business info to pass on to Phil. Got my eyes checked and had a list of things to do but my eyes were dilated and I could barely see, so I picked up Susan and she drove us to Tim Tolley's to get the tire fixed. We had to buy a new used one because I had ruined it by driving on it flat. We came home and I rested my eyes. Keli P. came and we went over to the storage unit on another parcel of land and loaded up her van. Came back and had supper and I got to see many pictures on her computer of her time in Zambia. She slept on the sofa.

Fri.-Keli and I continued with the unloading and reloading of her van. Michael M. came to see some furniture and we decided on his advice that it should go to Habitat for Humanity. Kelli took it there and we will load up the rest of her stuff when she comes back. Right now, it is sprawled out near cornfields. She gave me some boxes of beautiful stones that she found on her property in Colorado. I'm thrilled. Micah will love looking through them and so will Nathan. I want to figure out a neat way to display them. She also gave me a tall shelf which I put in the butcher shop to hold my grape juice jars. Phil and Michael are headed to the cabin for the weekend. Susan went to the gym and is now headed to the chiropractor, grocery shopping, and basketball practice. She'll come home for a few hours and then head to a friends place for the evening. I'm going to watch Nathan this eve. so Alli and Freeman can have a date at their house. I'm a little bit crazy about him. (Nathan was very uncomfortable and cried a lot because he had his oral inoculation yesterday and it upset his tummy. His parent's date didn't last very long...)

Sat.-Chai Time with Jenny was sweet and I loved my small group. Did a little shopping but couldn't work myself up to go into Walmart. Parking lot looked crazy. Came home. Tidied the house a little and watched Columbo with Susan and ate too much. Philip started the woodstove and headed to Lapp's for an eve. of Rook. Meredith brought me three bushels of apples and promises of more for the use of the truck to get 80 bushels. Time says 10 but we gain an hour by falling back in time at midnight. What a gift-this extra hour. Michael and Phil are enjoying their time at the cabin.

Sun.-Great service at church. Relaxed all afternoon watching Columbo movies and continued after Phil and Michael got home from the cabin. It's not quite 8 and it feels like 11. Stomach's been upset most of the day. Hitting the sack early.

No comments: