Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Hertzler Doings~Nov. 24-30 2014

Mon.-Heading to the dentist early this morning. A #2 extraction. Should be sleeping it off the rest of the day. Susan has an away game this eve. (Her team won-) Michael got 91 on his aviation test.

Tues.-Still drowsy.

Wed.-Making food, etc. for tomorrow. Kristy U. and husband Austin stopped in for a visit. Guys were working around here. Wintry mix.

Thurs.-Happy Thanksgiving. Susan wrapped the turkey in bacon and her special rub yesterday and I put it in the oven around 7. Alli and Freeman and Nathan went to her family for lunch and then came here for the evening. Around 5 we went over to Grace Chapel and visited with the Masts who came to the area. What a nice family. Phil's mother's brother was here, Uncle Ollie, and his wife, Barbie. We saw lots of the family and it is always nice to spend time with them. So, just for the record, I want to write down what we had for lunch. Susan's bacon turkey, sliced ham, Michael's oyster filling, our sweet corn, glazed carrots, macaroni and cheese, gourmet potatoes, sweet potato casserole, chunky homemade applesauce, seven layer salad, and cranberry. For the evening of desserts we had pumpkin ice cream dessert with gingersnap crust, bts cake, apple/bluberry/raspberry pie, apple cake, Cool Whip, hot fudge sundae cake, and vanilla ice cream. Oh, and peanut butter fudge. We went around and shared the things we are thankful for.  It's been a wonderful day.

Fri.-Both Philip and Freeman shot a buck this morning. Had fun with Nathan. Fed him applesauce and sweet potatoes. He's a very neat eater. And he croons happily while he eats. We ate leftovers all day, including for breakfast. I organized the kitchen a little. Put vitamins in my helmer drawers. Philip put it together for me Thanksgiving morning. He was a little frustrated because the manual had no words-only pictures. Ikea. It was half as tall, deep, and wide, than I had anticipated. But it works. Half as much as I expected, but it works. I made 30 cinnamon rolls for Christmas. Froze them. Michael gave Phil an early Christmas present and they are listening to a DVD of a music band. Philip, Susan, and friend, are over in the mancave watching Shrek. I'm thinking about going to bed really early tonight. Food coma again.

Sat.-Busy day organizing vitamins and clutter areas in the kitchen. Worked in our bedroom a little and vacuumed and washed floors in the house. Also almost finished Nathan's comforter made from his Great granddaddy Stream's camouflage pants. Once I got started, I couldn't stop. But to make my day complete, Nathan came over for awhile so Mommy could shop in crazy busy Farmville. His daddy and uncles and grandpa came in for lunch. He had a grand time. He really needed a nap so I laid down on my bed since I needed one too, and tucked him by my side and every time I opened my eyes, he was looking back up at me. He is so precious. Philip shot a doe.  Phil lost his phone in the woods. The boys made jerky and made a movie out of it and posted it on face book. Susan went to see Heidi for a much needed deep muscle massage, spent some time with a friend and worked out at the gym, did some wash, made some food, and did some chores around here. Listening to my mother's CD of Handel as we go to sleep.

Sun.-Great sermon by Pastor Alvin on the sword of the Spirit. Phil counts money after church so I get to socialize. Held Max for awhile during church. He and Nathan are a month apart and someday, they may be playmates. Stopped at Wendy's for a burger on the way home. Philip, M, Michael, and Susan were eating pizza and watching Shrek 2. Helped Phil look for his phone at HV for a little while. Too rough and tough and left him to do it on his own. Didn't find it. Finished Nathan's camouflage comforter. Made some T. plans with Susan. Watched Ocean's Eleven. Hit the sack at 9:30.

No comments: