Monday, January 9, 2012

January Thanksgivings-2012

(In Pa. with my mother)

425. For the amazing children my mother gave birth to and raised
426. Watching David Jeremiah on TV with mother and having the fleeting thought, "I wonder if he reads my blog?" (Because so much sounded familiar and I had not read his books or heard his teachings) and grinning at the audacity of such a thought. Actually, we both read the Bible and that's where we get our ideas.
427. For Michael and Susan holding down the home front; cooking, cleaning, washing clothes,..
428. That the majority of mother's cats like me!
429. For the invention of the machine that manufactures oxygen for those whose lungs do not.
430. For Rosalee's tender tenacity, Abie's objectivity and grace, Alan's compassion and way with words, David's wisdom and knowledge, and my peace and contentment.
431. For the loving generous neighbors surrounding my mother like guardian angels. Everyone loves my mother.
432. For mother's sun room with her plants, white wicker chairs, white statuette of little girl reading a book while lying on her stomach and legs in the air, and Naomi visiting me there in the afternoon sunlight.
433. cell phones
434. for Mother's desire for dignity and beauty
435. Phil's parents praying for my mother
436. For mother's words, when I went to go back and check on her in the eve., "I was just thanking God for you."
437. For one of mother's poems I've never read before, found in a little red notebook-taken from Mk. 9:36,37-"He held me, He held me, This wonderful, wonderful man. He held me, He held me, O can you understand? His arms were so gentle, His voice soft and low, His love I'll remember wherever I go. This Jesus, Precious Jesus, loved and held us little children In His arms."
I read it to her and said, "Just like He's holding you now."
438. Lunch with Phil's Mom at Yoder's-her treat
439. Finding 2 button down shirts for Mother at Re-uzit-one a Talbot and the other LLBean. Soft and pretty blues.
440. A husband who loves my mother almost as much as I do.
441. Mother's 'I never noticed the difference' when I was comparing my smartness with that of my much smarter siblings.
442. Talking with Mother about worrying about the future, etc. She said she had been thinking of this song, and then she gifted me by singing! "Many things about tomorrow, I don't seem to understand...but I know who holds the future, and I know who holds my hand." I can't say enough how thankful I am that she sang this for me. I thank God for her bravery.
443. Visits from neighbors and Annie and her little David
444. Notes received in the mail to mother make me weep. One friend wrote, who did not know she was ill, and thanked her for saving her life many years ago. And that she did.
445. For WRC's interest in 'You Were the Joy.'
446. 70 mph speed limits
447. Heaven's air
448. A hard good-bye and a safe trip home
449. A Sabbath rest in bed
450. For the repeating of words, "I'm so glad you're home."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
451. For Mom's and More and 'Grace Based Parenting.'
452. Solomon's Songs
453. Susan's request at youth group that God would comfort her mother regarding her mother.
454. For Lee's reply, "Beulah Diffenbach-what a beautiful name."
455. That kindnesses such as the two thank you's above make me cry.
456. For answered prayer
457. For new friends, new beginnings, and new hopes
458. For a movie afternoon at my house with Ilsa and Janelle
459. A day off of work for Philip to catch up on sleep and farm work
560. That the 'heart attack' "report" was false
561. That my significance, purpose, and hope is all wrapped up in one thing only-Jesus Christ loves me. From the cradle to the grave. Like the writer, Tullian says, "Jesus + Nothing = Everything. Grace and grace alone, lest any man should boast. Lest we say, "If we fast and pray, then..." or "If we sing loud enough and long enough, then..." What can bring us closer to God than the cross? What can give us greater access to His presence than the torn veil? Alleluia, alleluia. It is done. If only we lived in the 'doneness.' Help us. We so desire to earn our way and live by rules. It is our human nature to want a formula with our efforts affecting the outcome. And in everything, but the cross, what we do may affect the outcome. But the cross is all about Him.
562. Sovereign Graces' worship CD-songs of the cross
563. Packages at the Post Office
564. Days at home
565. For siblings who brag on each other
566. The largeness and expansiveness of the Body of Christ
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To be continued...under Hertzler Doings-back by popular Demand. Okay...maybe just one person said that they'd like it back...after I asked them...

No comments: