Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Out of the Depths

I read a Psalm or two every day and this morning a verse in Psalm 95 slowed me down and asked me to stay awhile. Verse four sang, "In His hand are the deep places of the earth; the heights of the hills are His also."

I began to think about the depths of God and looked up verses in my Strong's concordance under the words 'deep' and 'depths.' I like to read verses about the same theme all at one time. It refreshes me, like standing under a gentle waterfall on a hot summer's day.

Let these verses wash over your soul. I write them here in the order they appear in the Bible.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gen. 49:25~"...And the Almighty will bless you with blessings of heaven above, and blessings of the deep that lies beneath,..."

Job 12:22~"He uncovers deep things out of darkness, And brings the shadow of death to light."

Ps. 36:6~"...Your judgments are a great deep;.."

Ps. 42:7~"Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls; all Your waves and billows have gone over me."

Ps. 69:1~"Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink; Let me be delivered from those who hate me, And out of the deep waters."

Ps. 92:5~"...Your thoughts are very deep..."

Ps. 106:9~"..so He led them through the depths, as through the wilderness..."

Ps. 130:1,2~"Out of the depths I have cried to You, O LORD; Lord, hear my voice! "

Ps. 39:8-12~"...if I make my bed in hell, behold you are there..if I dwell in the uttermost part of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me. If I say, "Surely the darkness shall fall on me," even the night shall be light about me; Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You, but the night shines as the day; the darkness and the light are both alike to You."

Dan. 2:22~"He reveals deep and secret things; He knows what is in the darkness, and light dwells with Him."

Luke 5:4~"...Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch."

Rom. 8:39~"...nor height nor depth...shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Rom. 11:33~"Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!"

1 Cor. 2:10~"...For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God."

Eph. 3:18,19~"..that you may be able to comprehend...what is the width and length and depth and height...of the love of Christ..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

God is in our deep places.
He reveals Himself to us there.
So don't be afraid of the deep places,
for His love is everywhere.

No comments: