Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hertzler Doings~Jan. 23-29, 2012

Mon.~Woke up with this snippet of verse in my mind repeating itself,"Wisdom and knowledge will be the stability of your times." Found it in Is. 33:6. I'm writing this a week and a half after this date so I will write it as Thank you's.

#591-Phil sent blog on intimidation to Nolte.
#592-a catch up phone call with a friend.
#593-MM's severe mercy answer of a prayer
#594-Set up the mini trampoline-5 min. of jumping=1 hour of aerobics
#595-Dutch Blitz games at noon break
#596-Susan's 'You should assign me an essay to write.' "OK. Write an essay." 'What on?' "Health." 'How long?' "10 paragraphs, and include your own personal goals." A few hours later, she emerged from her room with a well-written essay that only needs a bit of editing.
#597-Phil here today.
#598-Susan and I make up face book statuses daily that we wouldn't dare to print, but they serve their purpose by leaving us in hysterics.
#599-"Great Expectations" and the warning it holds for me.
#600-The red cardinal outside my window. My mother often reminds me of the red cardinal that was singing outside her window the day I was born.

Tues.-Ps. 95:4-"In His hand are the deep places of the earth; The heights of the hills are His also."

601-Thank you for Lindsay's kind words and friendship and that she had me write on her blog as a guest.
602-Susan's casual classy hair-do
603-Susan went into the health food store in Farmville. "No school today?" they asked. "I'm homeschooled," she replied. "That's beautiful," said the sweet wife of the sweet man. "Yes, I get to go horseback riding, etc. etc." said Susan. (If you need a healthy dose of sugar, go see this kind man and his kind wife. Nicest people you'll ever want to meet.)
604-Susan made an 8 photo framed gift of her own pictures for Grandpa H. for his 82nd birthday? I think that's right.

Wed.-Deut. 20:3,4,14c-"...Today you are on the verge of battle with your enemies. Do not let your heart faint, do not be afraid, and do not tremble or be terrified because of them; for the LORD your God is He who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you...and you shall eat the enemies' plunder which the LORD your God gives you."

Susan and I went to Lynchburg to get the car worked on-heater blower and cruise control. It was going to be a long wait so they offered to drive us around. First they took us to the mall. Shopped and got Susan's nails done. Then we called and they took us to Goodwill where we made out like bandits. Car finally done at 3:10. Good thing we didn't have to sit there from 9:30-3:00.
Came home, washed clothes, packed, Susan and Philip went to Calvary. She likes telling me about their get acquainted games, Bible Study, and group discussions.

Thurs.-Phil made breakfast for Freeman, Philip, Susan, and I. Susan and I left around 6:30 for Pa. Got to Mother's around 1:30. After a visit with Mother, I took Susan to Morgantown where we made a quick stop at Re-uzit and a moderate stop at BB's and then we looked around for boxer puppy for sale signs. Took Susan to Grandma and Grandpa H's for the next few days. Grandpa liked her gift and hung it above their kitchen table. He always took good pictures. I have two that he took in Germany blown up poster size and hanging down at my cottage. My grandmother had a little brownie camera. She took photos of my mother that would win prizes. My brother blew them up to 8x10's and framed them in black frames and made his own little gallery of them. That was the plan anyway. I came back to M's and watched TV-Jeopardy and religious programs. Got to bed around 9.

Fri.-Studying James with Beth Moore. She said to think about your hardships and list three responses you could have towards them, one being to 'count it all joy.' Consider the end of all those responses. The end of counting it all joy is perfection and completeness, nothing lacking. Thinking about what my chiro./nutritionalist said about my foot problem. She said that people with feet problems are afraid to take a step forward. She got in my face and said, "What are you afraid of?" and I said, "Well, you're pretty scary right now." We laughed and I said, "Can I get back to you on that?" So I'm thinking about what I am afraid of. Why am I afraid to take the next step. I think I have it figured out. I wrote it down in my blog book and there it will most likely stay. Busy day with Mother. Three people in for 'at home' care and 3 others in for other duties, including the nurse and the physical therapist. When I grow up, I want to be a physical therapist. I was so impressed with this woman. PT's help give a person confidence and hope. Hey-maybe I can be a spiritual 'physical therapist.' Watched World Revival Church on Daystore from 9-10. Interesting to see the people my friend had talked to about YWtheJ.

Sat.-Went to LBC to watch "The Sound of Music" with Karen and Susan. Katrina, my niece, did a top-notch job at playing Baronness Schrader. The singing and acting was so professional. I had to cry I was so stinkin' proud of her. Karen gave Katrina flowers. Katrina dedicated the play to her brother, Abie, who had played one of the boys in a local theatre group. My brother, Abe, stayed with my mother while I was gone. I brought Susan back to Mother's for a quick visit and she kept calling Susan, "Sweetie." Took Susan back to Hertzler's. Stopped at Yoder's market for her to get supper at the salad bar. Watched Gaither Revival in the eve.

Sun.-Watched GS's church service on TV. Asked Mother if she could quote Colossians for me. Years ago she had memorized it. She wrote it out on an index flip chart in her own translation by taking favorite segments from her favorite translations. She did rattle off quite a bit of it for me. I slept off and on on the sofa. Buffy kept me company and wanted me to pet her. She'd jump up on the sofa beside me. I was so flattered because I think she only behaves this way with Mother. Others can pet her but they have to pet her on her terms. But she came to me when I called. Uncle Paul and Aunt Ann came to visit in the afternoon. I always enjoy talking with them. I am going to blog one of his stories about his meeting with Martin Luther King Jr. Jim and Rosalee came in the eve. and watched some of the political news. Last night here for awhile...

605-Thankful for Grandparents who take care of their grand-daughter so their daughter-in-law can spend time with her mother.
606-Thankful for my sister-in-law, Debra, who took Susan to the thrift shop with her and then gave her what she picked out and said we could just treat her to lunch when she comes down.

No comments: