Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hertzler Doings~Feb. 13-19, 2012

Mon.-Slept maybe 30" last night. On 'red alert' mode. Finally got up and wrote and then I could sleep. Reading Ps. 105:17-Joseph was sold into slavery and was held captive until the time for his word came to pass. Meanwhile, the word of the Lord tested him. Then the king sent and released him and the ruler of the people let him go free and made him Lord of his house and ruler of all his possessions and gave him the authority to put others in bounds. He was also a teacher of the wise ones in the land. Then He brought his family to him and increased his people and made them stronger than his enemies. Take courage, my friend. He was given authority over the very systems that had held him in bondage. And he became an agent of blessing in the lives of those who cursed him.
Susan and Philip were transporting livestock to the Lynchburg cattle auction all day. Oh, daddy, if you could see them now. You'd be so proud. Phil came home from work and cut firewood until dark. Caught up with Michael on the phone since we missed seeing each other this weekend. He's having a nice time house sitting for a friend with a hot tub. He and Philip went to Thomas Road Baptist Church last eve.
618-Thankful to get caught up with Lindsay on the phone as she roamed around IKEA. The store babysits her girls free for an hour.
619-Thankful that the doctor I went to see in Lynchburg is a Christian and takes medical missions trips to Kenya.
620-Thankful that I didn't get tired today in spite of little sleep.
621-For my sister, Rosalee, who takes such good care of everything concerning my mother.

Tues.-In James 2:25 it says that Rahab the harlot was justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way. Ok. I have to ask it. Why were these men at her house? It would be my Uncle John's 83rd birthday today. He farmed the family farm and had the cleanest barn in the world. One time he tried to teach me how to squirt milk from the cows udder right into the cat's mouth. He was a lot better at it than I was. He was my mother's brother. He died in a car accident in his 40's. Took Susan out to co-op and I had lunch with DDF and Kathy T. Kathy brought a beautiful tree blossom and placed it on the table as a centerpiece and then read us a poem. Susan and I tired by the time we got home. Stuck in an 'I Love Lucy' DVD. Phil brought home beautiful cards and candy for Susan and I for Valentine's Day. Heard helicopters last eve. several times during the night. So low and so loud our windows were rattling.
622-Thankful for the conversation with Uncle Bill the other night. He is a psychiatrist and lives in Kansas and he said, "You know, you and I have a reputation for talking, Annette." We 'get' each other.
623-Thankful for the most beautiful Valentine card in the world.

Wed.-Ps. 106:8-"Nevertheless, He saved them for His name's sake, that He might make His mighty power known." Slept in until 7:30! Have been dreaming lately. Last night, I dreamed I was riding the gator with an unknown friend and we had to stop at a house because a tornado was coming and the house we stopped at was an Amish family's house and they had no basement nor did they think it was necessary to seek shelter. The tornado was just about to hit us and then it moved and the next scene was focused on the aftermath-pulling bodies from pools of water. It was all very vivid and very real. The guys were working around the farm today, building shelves, cutting firewood, etc. Susan finished Geometry and got a high 90's average. Yippee! Ran out to Appomattox and ran some errands for Phil and got myself a hair cut. Came home and iced my foot and watched 'The Spy Next Door' with Susan before Philip took her to CC for youth group.

Thurs.-Ps. 107 is all beautiful. The birds-cardinals, junco's, bluebirds, robins, congregate on our front lawn every morning. Lucille Z. came to visit this afternoon into eve. She was serving in Thailand with Johnny and Janelle and I met her when I went back over with Janelle after Johnny died. Janelle and Micah came over and we had lots of great food-soup, cornmeal muffins, homemade fries, onion rings, and popcorn and lots of great conversations. She spent the night at Janelle's. Earlier today, Angel called Susan's attention to a stunned junco on the back porch. Susan held it in her hands while I read History to her and then the dear little thing died and it made us sad for awhile.

Fri.-20 fat robins outside my window this morning. Years ago, my Mother nursed a baby robin that had fallen from its nest and for a number of years afterward, it would find her in the garden in the spring, and it would hop along beside her as she stirred in the dirt. His name was Robert. I opened the Hardy the wrong way and singed my right eyelashes and eye brow. Spent 15 min. in the old house...my goal each day. It's so overwhelming. I have too much stuff and not enough energy to get rid of it. Alli stopped by after work. I like her new schedule. It gives her time to stop by. Phil and I took Susan to Kelly's in the eve. and we had supper with Jamie and Ginger-delicious grilled chicken, baked potatoes, broccoli, cole slaw, and vanilla yogurt with bananas,blueberries, strawberries, and chocolate. The best part of all was chasing the little guys around. Phil and I cornered the older one and he began calling his younger brother for help.

Sat.-Phil made me a mushroom omelet for breakfast. I was reading in Deut. about all the curses that would befall the Children of Israel if they did not obey God. No wonder Job's friends thought he had sinned and was experiencing the judgment of God. Job's difficulties had the appearance of being the product of an equation. Today I packed away my four big manger scenes and put up new old stuff with lots of photos on the two empty shelves. Susan was out at LBC from 1-5 for play practice. Gena and Wade stopped by for a visit. It was great to see them and find out their happy news. Walmart was very busy and salt and shovels were waiting to be purchased at the front entrance. Susan and I got two red box movies which we watched with Phil. Both highly recommended although sobering. Soul-Surfer and Courageous. Michael called. A tractor trailer had a tire on fire and he was trying to get the attention of the driver. He called 911 and saw that the driver was pulled over at the gas station. Winds are howling. Snow in forecast.

624-Michael's retelling of things he learns. In his evangelism class, the teacher said that when his family goes to a restaurant, they tell their waitress that they are going to give them a big tip. Their only request is that they pray with them and then he asks them if there is something they need prayer for. He said that grown men have burst into tears and one girl said that she knows that she needs to be saved and wants to be saved but doesn't know how to be saved. Another time, he tipped the people in the drive through at McDonald's and then asked to pay for the next person's meal. When he went back another time, the lady recognized him and told him that the next 14 people did the same thing that he had done. A perfect example of duplicating what/who you are following.

Sun.-Began snowing while we were in church and continued all day. We had a nice afternoon. Alli and Freeman came by. Michael made popcorn and we watched 'Mary Poppins' and slept. I can hear the snow as it hits the window panes.

No comments: