Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hertzler Doings~Jan. 30-Feb.5, 2012

Mon.-At Mother's. Woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep, so I picked up some of Mother's journals and began reading about myself as a babe. It is rather interesting and somewhat invigorating to read about what one was like at 1-2 years old of age. Mother wrote, "What a sunbeam she is! Pure Joy!" and "...I carried Annette to bed and wondered what's ahead for that precious bit of angelic humanity.'The future is as bright as the promises of God.'" Had a hard time leaving Mother. "Must you go?" she asked. Picked up Susan at Mom and Dad's. She had a nice few days with them-playing Rummikube, getting to see David and Jonathan, being with Brads, and his brothers, being Aunt Deb's 'girl fix.' She enjoyed going up to people at church and saying 'Hi' to them and they had no idea who she was. She had grown so much. Stopped at BB's for another grocery cart load of produce, hair products, etc. We need a discount grocery in Va. Maybe we'll have to do something about that. Great trip home. Made it back in 6 1/4 hours in spite of 5 quick stops. Had a carload of stuff to put away. Susan then worked with the calves and I put the house in semi-order. It wasn't too bad but I don't think the guys ever notice what is on the floor and Angel was in the house every night and she's shedding. Got to bed around 8 and slept until 7:30 the next morning.

607. I'm thankful that Phil missed me, kissed me, hugged me. I asked, "What did you miss about me?" And he said, "I missed having my friend around."

Tues.-Woke up with song from the GS church service on my mind. "For me, He lived...For me, He died..." Took Susan into Farmville for Homeschool co-op-Biology and Drama. Met Judy and Sammy Jo for lunch at Riverside where Judy treated me to a cheeseburger with onions, lettuce, and tomatoes, fries, and lemon chess pie. We talked a mile a minute and ate just as fast. We both were bear-hugged by an older gentleman friend of hers. He came over to me and said, "Stand up." And then I got one of the best hugs ever. What a dear friend Judy has been these past 8 1/2 years we've been in Va. She was one of the first people who reached out to me at New Life and made me feel welcome. Then we went to Motley's Emporium where some things are more expensive then when they were new a few years ago. We parted ways and I went to Roses where I bought Phil 14 boxes of the manager's special-a set of 3 reading glasses per box at 2.50 per box. He said that if he can't use them, he'll give them to Johnny and Terry to take to Africa. I found Gloria Vanderbilt jeans for ten bucks, a black Coldwater Creek vest for 5 bucks, some Liz and Co. nightwear for 6 bucks and 2 Fashion Bug shirts for a few dollars. That place is worth checking out if you have the time.

Wed.-Ps. 102:13,16,17-"I will arise and have mercy on Zion; For the time to favor her, Yes, the set time, has come...For the LORD shall build up Zion; He shall appear in His glory. He shall regard the prayer of the destitute, and shall not despise their prayer." O Lord, let it be so.

Was reading about Jesus being taken to the temple as a baby and His parents needed to offer a sacrifice-a lamb if they were wealthy enough; turtle doves if they were too poor. Mary and Joseph offered turtledoves, but they carried in the Lamb of God. Worked on trip plans, tickets, dates, passports, etc. Worked on CS and caught up on computer correspondence. Finished reading 'The Heart Mender' and 'The Noticer' by Andy Andrews. His books are all excellent.

608. Thankful for my husband's hand to hold as he drapes it over my shoulder at night.

609. Thankful for a nice long talk with Mother. I told her I left my cot there to let her know that I was coming back soon. She said, "I saw it there and thought, 'She must be coming back soon.'

Thurs.-Still trying to catch up. Working on passports. Decided to exercise an hour a day to try to strengthen my foot before I head to a podiatrist. Watched 'Seven Alone' while exercising to see if it would be something Micah would be interested in. He came today. Took him down to the river to 'fish' with his bamboo rod and string and hook and plastic worm. He got wet feet almost right away. He sailed his egg carton boats with a string attached. After awhile, I thought it best if we returned and felt his hands. They were ice cold but he held my hand as we drove and soon his little hand was warm again. His 'Gone Fishin'' hat had blown off on the way down and we searched the meadow only to find it nestled in the back of the gator amidst farming supplies.

Fri.-James 1:17-Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning." What does that mean, that there is no variation or shadow of turning with the Father of lights? Does it mean that He does nothing out of moodiness or changeableness of character? That He is always good and perfect and that His thoughts toward us are always for good and not for evil, to give us a future and a hope? He never turns away? His shadow stays with us? I am doing Beth Moore's study on James. It is so good and deep it makes me weep. I love learning something that never crossed my mind before.
Worked on catching up and preparing for what's ahead.

610. I am thankful that Susan cleaned out the car and the laundry room. She's thankful for the money she earned by doing so. She does jobs around the house but the extra things are opportunities to earn some cash.

Sat.-Habakkuk 3:19-"He makes my feet like hind's feet and will make me to walk-not to stand still in terror, but to walk-and make spiritual progress upon my high places of trouble, suffering, or responsibility."

Washed clothes, vacuumed and washed floors, visited Dr. F. and learned more about myself, picked out a few movies at the library, looked at my surprise hyacinth, took pictures of the sunrise, (before I did anything else), worked on some booking, and listened to the pitter patter of cold spring rain. They spread chicken manure on the farm today so I have been burning a vanilla candle and am hungry now for sugar cookies or white cake. Put Lindsay's birthday card in the mail.

611. Thankful for Phil's grace regarding my booking mistake.

Sun.-God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself, and has given us this same ministry of reconciliation. Out to eat after church with Ray and Ruth. Nice visit with Michael while Philip was at Benson's watching the Super Bowl and Susan was at CC.

612. I am so thankful that God so loved this messed up world that He gave His only begotten Son to us, that whosoever believes on Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

613. I am so thankful that God is All and in All and He fills up the dry wells and the valleys with Himself and that wherever we are, He is with us and He will never forsake us.

614. I am thankful for the special needs gentle man who stood behind me near the back row of church during worship. I stopped singing and listened to his beautiful sweet voice, as he sang in perfect melody.

No comments: