Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hertzler Doings-July 30-Aug.5, 2012

Mon.-It did not work out to bring Makenzie back with us. We traveled 8 1/2 hours to get home and our guys helped us unload everything. Angel was overjoyed to see me. I don't remember getting ready for bed. I don't remember Phil crawling in bed beside me.

Tues.-Feel like a truck ran over me. Susan and I both dragging. Got some things unpacked.
Began juicing. Ollie, the turkey, jumped from the banister of the deck to the top of Phil's head and appeared to want to roost there. Phil had a cap on. It's really something, how much this bird loves Phil.

Wed.-Starting to feel alive again. Went to Dr. F. and she straightened me out. Went out to the bank and to Walmart and Kroger. Tried my hand at coupon shopping and tackled the very large list Susan made of ingredients we need for the 10 day juice fast. It's to help us lose 10 pounds and should get our systems in gear. We both ate way too much junk food while we were away and feel pretty junky. Why do we do this to ourselves? Caught up with a few phone calls and mail. Freeman butchered the bear he killed for crop damage. Alli was here for a little while. She's still recovering from last week too, when she was in charge of the BH for a week.

Thurs.-Slept until 10-nearly 12 hours of sleep last night! Took Susan to Holliday Lake to meet Haley and family. Then I went to the bank and to Dollar Store, Walmart, and Kroger in search of the things of Ruth F's wish list. Sending things to Africa in a barrel. Should get to them by boat in two months. Picked Susan back up and went home and made a quick supper of glorified toasted cheese sandwiches with turkey breast or pepperoni's inside. Plus tomatoes and onions after they were 'cooked.' Also, tomato soup. The boys said how much they appreciate that we cook for them. Michael said that on the way home he was wondering what Susan was making for supper. I did wash and bagged and inventoried the things we're sending overseas via ship. Susan prepared all the food we need for our first day of juicing. Phil and Philip chopped corn. Michael went over to Chace's place to jam with his buddies. They are making music. Lucy's belly was covered with seed ticks and we covered her belly with tick shampoo and Susan held her still for a few minutes and then hosed her off gently out back. It was a team effort. She looks better tonight.

Fri.-First (and only) day of Juice Diet. Did pretty well but the raw fennel finally did us in and we decided we'd just eat more healthy from here on out. Cleaned up the house and got ready for Cleansing Stream. Heard a great teaching on committing everything to the Lord. Consecration. I'm enjoying this group so much. Doyne brought me a solar hummingbird. My mother had those. My sister had given them to her and she enjoyed watching their colors turn at night. I told Doyne that the hummingbird reminded me of my mother.

Sat.-Went to muscle therapy and Dennis helped put me back in line. Said that my range of motion is greater than most people's. Said I didn't need to come back for several weeks and not at all if I didn't want to. I could lay straight down on my back without getting vertigo. Can't do that at home here yet but I don't panic like I used to. Ran errands in Farmville. Later in the eve., Michael, Susan, Phil, and I, went to New Life to see 'The Real Housewives of Critter County.' It was hysterical. I laughed so hard my face hurt. Freeman was one of the hillbilly husbands and he was amazing. What can I say? He's the best. The cast said they heard me laughing the whole way to backstage which was kind of embarrassing but Dianna said it was inspiring. Apparently, the afternoon crowd was kind of quiet. I think the more you know the people who are acting, the more funny it is to you. I just have to laugh every time I think of Freeman's high pitched 'Larry the Cable guy' kind of voice saying, "Who left that sack of potatoes sitting there on the sofa?" His 'wife', (Cheri G.) had made herself a dress from burlap and it was she who was sitting on the sofa. Wish I could see it 10 more times.

Sun.-Last night, Phil and I sang, "Great is Thy Faithfulness" as he played it on his guitar, and it was very meaningful to sing it together as a church body today. It is my favorite hymn. I've been reading the book of Jeremiah, too, for several weeks, and it was also meaningful to have the pastor talk about Jeremiah's life, and the words that he scribed in Lamentations 3:22-24-'Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I hope in Him!"' The more we know and understand God's character, the more we can trust Him.
Took Alli out with us to Chinese and then we came home and watched a movie she had brought along-"Flushed". Unfortunately, I fell into a deep sleep midway and will have to watch it another time. Ollie, our 'wild' turkey, continues to endear himself to us. He decided to roost in Phil's arms last night as he tried to coax him up into the tree. He especially likes Phil and Michael. He tolerates me. I shouldn't have tried to pick him up. I just want to pet him and hold him so badly. Phil acts all nonchalant about it all and so Ollie goes after him to win him. I'm trying to win Ollie and he is playing hard to get. Philip came home happy and peaceful after a weekend retreat with Calvary Chapel's young adults. He had such a good time. He needed this. Michael had some friends down at the river in the afternoon and then they all came up and Philip and Susan joined them-Travis, Corinne, Erik, April, Jordan-for circle volleyball and football. Freeman came back after a final performance and was ready to go home. We've been having some showers lately and we're so thankful. Phil chopped corn yesterday until his tire went flat. The corn down at the river is doing well. It won't need to be chopped to make silage. It will become what it was planted to be.

No comments: