Monday, December 10, 2012

Hertzler Doings-Dec. 10-16, 2012

Mon.-Did some wash and tidying up. Read Acts. What a movie that would make! Talked with Rosalee. I am concerned because she is running a fever. Hopefully, they did not pierce her bowel when they went into do their surgery. I wish I could be up there with her. I keep thinking how worried mother would be. No more worries for her. Alli stopped over to use the computer. Last time she was here, Ollie charged her. She was wearing a rust colored sweater. But now I am wondering if Ollie is upset that she is driving a red car. Red seems to get him raving mad. Guys went to work a few hours away. Susan wrote a report on Parkinson's Disease. She had basketball practice tonight. I mixed up a batch of gluten free dough. The idea is to keep it refrigerated and just take out the amount you need before you bake it. I want to try to make some gluten free cinnamon rolls for Christmas Day. And tonight, I may make myself a little pizza.  Susan put up a new profile picture for me. It's a photo of Phil and I that she took a few weeks ago. People are putting up such kind statements. Face book is community. For those who watch over others, it can be a parish or church community. I have been encouraged by all the prayers for my sister. I have felt so very loved and it is comforting to know that so many are praying for her.

Tues.-Busy Day. Charlie C's funeral at church. What a legacy he's left in his children. Susan to co-op, then lunch with Judy at her new place in town, back to Susan to run errands, then to New Life to meet up with April for a basketball game in Charlottesville, which they played well but lost. I continued shopping even though I was feeling increasingly lousy. Delivered a red pointsettia from 'The Three Kings' in Pa. to the King house down here for a friend. Alli came over and we watched a movie. I went to bed and woke up when Susan called and met her at CC around 10. She drove home. Deep sleep through the night on Alkaseltzer Night time meds.

Wed.-Running a slight temp. Called to talk to Rosalee. Got message. Jim called back. Rosalee increasingly nauseated, continuing fever, severe pain. Asked me to send out emails. Before I was able to, and while I was on the phone with brother, David, Jim called back. Took Rosalee into ER, and that is all that I know at this time. (Tests showed air pocket under skin.) Spent the day resting and waiting for news about Rosalee. Michael came home! For a month!

Thurs.-Michael took Susan to get basketball pictures. I rested most of the day.

Fri.-Still have fever. Phil got home around 8. Phil, Freeman, Philip, and Dave P. are building a school in Fort Washington. Setting trusses. Traffic horrific up there. We missed the staff party.

Sat.-Feeling better. Cleaned a little. Toe worse. Rested. Phil and Tom Hx spreading black fertilizer all day. Went to Grunert party. Dear friends and traditional stuffing-John's family recipe using sausage, spinach, and bread.  Plus turkey, gravy, ham, potatoes, green beans, sweet potatoes, apple pie, brownies, and ice cream. Missed the Mac party. No energy. Still no internet. Philip took Susan to see The Hobbit.

Sun.-Good service at church. Much heartache and sorrow in our midst and the world. CT school shooting took place this week. 20 children, 6 teachers, and 1 shooter-dead. Does Jesus care? I know He cares...His heart is touched with my grief...But we can still ask why. Jesus asks why. 'My God, why have you forsaken me?' and 'Why are you so fearful, oh you of little faith?' Because it's scary out there, that's why. If we could see our end from our beginning we would not be so afraid. That's where trust comes in. Because He sees and He says, 'Let not your heart be troubled. I will never leave you or forsake you. And when you leave this world, I'll bring you to myself, that where I am, there you may be also.' Meanwhile, arms are empty, aching to be filled. And lives will never ever be normal again. Oh God. Let the emptiness stay empty. Let it not be filled with busyness or pain numbing drugs or other people. Let the pain do its work. And let us put our hope in You.

Came home from church and Michael and Philip had arranged lunch for us. They had cut up the chicken and potatoes in the crock pot and had made a dish of raw vegetables and olives. Later, Michael and Susan joined the Warrens and other friends to see The Hobbit. Alli and I watched 'Elf' and a baking DVD. We're going to learn some gourmet cooking and baking this year from DVD's from 'The Teaching Company.'

Rosalee called and I realized that my cell phone hadn't been turned on so I wasn't receiving their updates. I thought she was recovering and since I was sick, I was trying to recover too. Couldn't talk without going into coughing spasms. Enough excuses. I just feel so badly that I didn't keep in touch with her. Long story short, after sonograms, Cat scans, hit and run drivers messing up their car, etc., continual pain and nausea, they have discovered that during the surgery to remove her uterus, that they stitched the tube shut that come from her kidney that gets rid of waste. They had to do surgery-very painful for her-to open up her back and insert a tube and she is now using a bag until next Wed. when they will try to go in and open it back up and insert a stint (stent?) or shunt. There is a 50/50 chance that will work and her doctor told her to pray. If that doesn't work, then they will need to do a more invasive lap. surgery. If you are reading this, please pray for my dear sister, Rosalee.

No comments: