Friday, December 21, 2012

Making it

I stood beside a troubled marriage, feeling their pain.
A certainty came over me. I knew they would make it.
I said it boldly outloud.
"You will make it."
The husband hugged me hard.
The wife more gently.
"You will make it", I said again to her.

How do I know this?
Because they BOTH were humble and contrite of heart.
Because the husband has said, "It's all my fault",
and because the wife knows too deeply
that he speaks falsehood.

They will make it because God is not stopping in to visit their home.
He has come to dwell there within their humble and contrite hearts.
And their broken hurting home is a high and holy place
where God has come to stay.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Websters-"Make"-to set up; establish; to cause the success of;
 to accomplish; to arrive at; to reach

Isaiah 57:15-
"For thus says the High and Lofty One
Who inhabits eternity,
whose name is Holy;
'I dwell in the high and holy place,
With him who has a contrite and humble spirit,
To revive the spirit of the humble,
And to revive the heart of the contrite ones.'"

We make, set up, establish, cause the success of, accomplish, arrive at and reach our goal
when we are humble and contrite of heart.

Why?

Because it is there,
in that high and holy place of humility,
where God dwells.

And where there is humility and the dwelling of God
there is a revival of heart and spirit.

And where there is a revival of heart and spirit
there is a desire to 'make it work.'

And then, miracles happen.

1 comment:

Chimsgal said...

They will make it ;)