Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hertzler Doings-June 24-30, 2013

Mon.-Canned 12 pint of tuna. Went to Farmville. Met Michelle at Sweet Frog. Ran some errands and spent some time at Judy's house with Susan before ball. Just missed Judy. How generous she is to be hospitable to us even when we are not there. Homeschool ball winding to an end. Met so many wonderful parents and young people. Will miss it.

Tues.-a day of catch up. Good visit with Dr. F. Set up voice lessons for Susan. Made Philip's favorite meal-lettuce, cuc, venison, rice dish. Boys butchered pig for Peter's party. Peter's arm is healing nicely since my Dr. Phil used super glue to hold the gash together. Good to talk with Lindsay finally. Naomi-we must catch up too.

Wed.-Terribly hot day. Storm in eve. Branches and leaves on ground again. Phil and Michael went and picked up Steve M's old car. Philip and Susan practiced their volleyball skills and later Philip practiced playing his guitar. Barn swallows have flown the coop and are hiding out under different areas of the porch roof. Thinking about the verse...because lawlessness will abound the love of many will grow cold. Why is that? Could it be because lawlessness produces fear and perfect love casts out fear therefore fear can also cast out love? Mark K. is doing better. Thank God.

Thurs.-Caught up with Naomi a bit this morning. Feels so good. Has been weeks! Am in the process of making yogurt with raw milk. Hope it turns out. Picked some green beans this morning. Tidied house. Shoulder and hip have been keeping me awake for many days. Thinking about the verse in Proverbs 6:17-the 7 things God hates...Proud looking eyes, lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that thinks of wicked things to do, feet that run toward evil, and a false witness, and one who stirs things up between others. Jesus went through all those things during His last week of life. God hates when we do these things, are hurt by these things, and just as He very much cared for His Son's pain, He also cares for ours. Last homeschool softball. Will miss some dear friends and getting to see Helen. So, I guess I'll start going to Friday night ball next week. Yogurt turned out well.

Fri.-Picked up some branches after the storm. Made tuna salad from our own canned tuna. Pureed raspberries and stevia with homemade yogurt. Delish. Washed. Got more water and milk from the For-'s. Planned next two years of study for Susan and sent in her test grades and plans for next year to school district. Michael flew. Susan mowed. Had an eve. at home with Phil. Michael with Sarah. Philip with Susan at CC ball field. Thankful that my shoulder is slightly better and that I may sleep tonight. Thankful for all the little barn swallows finding refuge and making a mess on our front porch. Thankful that Peter apologized when I asked him what he had done to our front porch. What a guy. He was here to pick up the pig and roaster with Andy and friend or son. Thankful for the beautiful clouds after the storm and for the sunshine during the rain. Thankful that it is good to learn endurance.

Sat.-Everybody home today and it was nice to spend some time together. Some of our corn was sold to the neighbors, little pigs had surgery accompanied with squeals, black snake curled up in hen's nest-bit Michael, Susan had a stomach bug, Philip played his new guitar. Alli and Freeman came over and picked their green beans. I went out to CCA's yard sale and did well. I found a large white terry cloth robe that must have been used at an upscale spa. $1.00! Some new jewelry for 10% it's regular price. Of course some books. A game that Marcie gave me as well as some beautiful plates. And of course I visited with some students. And mom's! And Marcie who always makes me feel like a million bucks. It's always good to go back and visit. Went to the produce stand and Kroger and then to Dennis' and he put my hip and shoulder back into place all without any vertigo. He said I must have been making it up before. I feel so much better and will probably sleep well tonight for the first time in weeks. Michael, Susan, and Philip, all drove separately to Jenny's 16th birthday party because they all have different plans afterwards. Susan plans to come home. Philip is staying late to play Rook. Michael is most likely visiting a loved one. Phil and I are on empty nest watch. He's paying bills and I'm on face book and getting ready to hop in the tub and read my new 50 cent book I got today.
I posted a face book status that has gotten over 70 likes so far and I remembered what Lindsay said about posting blogs. Two a day are not too many but also share personal statuses about what we are doing. This is what I wrote and it felt like a party on face book after I shared it. "I am thankful for the black-eyed Susan's that grace our lane and for the creative blue-eyed Susan in our home. I am thankful for the rusty doe and her two spotted fawns who skittered out of my way on the back roads.  I am thankful that Michael was willing to be bitten by a black snake in order to removed it from the hen's nests.  I am thankful for Philip's infinite love for his baby piglets.  I am thankful that Alli and Freeman have their garden on our farm and that we get to see them when they come to pick green beans.  I am thankful when Phil can spend his day on our farm.  He looks so tan and happy.  I am thankful for my friends, old and new.  I am thankful." Boy, I wanted to edit this as I retyped it. One thing I would change is 'and for the creative blue-eyed Susan 'that graces our home.'

Sun.-Thankful that Phil has a day he can sleep in. Thankful that the skunk that was tormenting our chickens-causing unrest, eating eggs, killing one-will no longer be able to do that thanks to two males who quickly responded to the chickens distress from a distance. Thankful for church. The good word on unity, heart felt worship, and the Boett--'s- miracles in our midst and the sweet fellowship afterwards. Thankful for lunch with Alli, Freeman, and Hannah, at Sho-G-. Thankful that Phil had time to go visit Dennis. Thankful that Philip and Susan went to a party together and had a riot playing volleyball in the torrential rain. We got 2 1/4 inches. Thankful for time alone to read a book and put up with Lucy, whose outdoor pen had become a literal lake in a short amount of time. Thankful that Michael had a nice day with the Warren's. Thankful for a night of sleep.

No comments: