Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Hertzler Doings~July 8-14, 2013

Mon.-Michael flew this morning and worked around the farm the rest of the day. Susan ran some errands in Farmville and took in a movie with SM. She visited with Judy between events. I went with Robin W. to Richmond. We shopped at Sam's Club, the mall, Kohl's, Famous Footwear, etc. Our big excitement was finding the devotional I wrote in the Mom's NIV devotional Bible at the Christian Bookstore in the mall. She encouraged me to buy the Bible and get my name engraved on the cover and it seemed like the right thing to do. I called Lindsay during lunch to tell her about it. She is the one who encouraged me to enter the contest. Also called Michael since he 'helped' me write it. Got home around 8:30. Had left our house at 10:30. Got to talk a lot, shop a lot, and hear the W's. adoption stories that made us both cry.

Tues.-Good day at home playing catch up with wash, cleaning, phone calls, cleaning up outside, etc. Evans T. came and took the back seat out of our car. Something messed up the upholstery. He may have it fixed by tomorrow. Michael flew again today and worked around the farm. He met the guys at work at Freeman and Alli's new 'house'. They are going to work on water proofing the foundation. Susan got her food ready for Girl's Retreat and cleaned her room and somewhat packed. She's been practicing basketball several times today. I just saw her swish a basket. I posted about my exciting moment yesterday on face book and so many dear friends wrote and encouraged. Nearly 90 likes.(100)  Face book at its finest-rejoicing with those who rejoice. I also like when weeping is shared. Face book can be very good. Someday maybe, 100 years from now, someone will read this and say, 'Face book. What's face book?'

Wed.-Went out to Appomattox to work out a phone plan for Susan but Phil had to be there so it will have to wait. Bought some veggies at a produce stand and stopped in at Kroger for a few things. Since ordering from Vitacost we don't have to do nearly as much shopping in a store. Rained again. Washed clothes. I can't remember what else we did today.

Thurs.-Raining. Went out to Farmville to drop off car. Susan and I then visited Judy and Sammy Jo and went to Food Lion. Came home and made rice, bean/chicken/salsa mix, and acorn squash. Susan made a hot mixture with olive oil in which we tossed sweet potato fries. Baked them. She made chipotole homemade mayonnaise and we ate fries dipped in that sauce along with cucumbers while we watched Monk. So pleasant. She made several kinds of gluten free/sugar free protein bars. Delicious. I threw a roast in the crockpot too and took a nap. Jeff K was here digging a trench for the new pipeline and it rained so hard he came into the man cave and fell asleep. Phil and Susan went to the Guilds for the eve. to plan a chicken house (and play dominoes) and also stopped in at the cellular place. I went to a birthday party at El Patron for Robin W. Had such a great eve. Even 'did' my rap for them. I told Robin the rap was about her-real class. What a sweet friend she is. And Michael's Sarah is just like her sweet mama. Lindsay told me to eat mangoes this week. Which tells me a whole lot more. ;) I could hold their baby in my hand right now. It would fit into my palm.

Fri.-Got some corn and green beans from Helen. Grammy Doss was there. I always love seeing her. Had a nice chat with Bethany. Got a great hug from Micah. Janelle looks happy. Helen was picking more green beans in her garden. I don't know anyone who works so hard nor anyone who is so hospitable. Also went out to Farmville to get car from Bailey's. Stopped in at Judy's for hugs and talking before coming home. Sammy Jo wanted me to tickle her belly and I nearly put her to sleep. The little boy that Judy takes care of who always cried when he saw me, now smiles at me. That's a relief. Susan made an amazing lunch with black beans, cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and rice, I think. Also broiled green beans with olive oil and spices. I ate a large tomato from our garden. She also made chocolate brownies using black beans. It's pretty good. Philip didn't care for it before or after we told him what was in it. Phil liked it. I ate 'clean' all day and feel so much better. We watched a movie tonight-The Story of Pi- I think it's called. Interesting. Lucy got a little rowdy at the end and it was hard to hear. Miss Pretty had at least 10 piglets this evening. They are so cute. Susan took pictures. Also, Mr. Evans brought back the back seat of our car-all reupholstered-for $73. Matched it perfectly. The guys were building a chicken house at Rich's all day. Michael left for somewhere. I can't imagine where. ;) Oh-I got a corner of a room cleaned up in the old house. Yay! Anything can happen in 15 min. a day.

Sat.-Washed, cleaned, went to Lynchburg with Phil to pick up some things for him to fix the water pipe. He went to Dennis-muscle therapist. Last week, in 15 min., this man fixed for Phil what has been hurting him for many years. Went again today and has one more session and will probably not need to go back. He broke up the scar tissue in his rotator cuff and Phil can move freely again. So thankful.
I got a call from DDF today.  Her son was killed in a car accident this early morning. It is just not believable. God help us now.

Sun.-Great church service. Lunch at Sho-gun with PB. Played chicken foot dominoes with Phil in eve. It's addictive. Susan left for Girl's Retreat this morning. Lucy's mournful.

No comments: