Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Hertzler Doings~April 28-May 4, 2014

Mon.-So nice to have this extra day at Ocean City. Cleaned up the house. Did wash and dishwasher. Packed up. Went to the beach for several hours. Bought 4 sweatshirts so we match and keep warm. Flagged down a skateboarder to take our pictures. A funny story came out of this situation. Naomi and I keep laughing about it. (Do you speak English? Let him alone; he's special.) After we piled everything in the car, we came back in and watched 'The Tourist' while the dishwasher finished running and the rush hour traffic made it's way through Philly.
 We made it home in less than 2 hours again. Dropped off Bev. I spent the night at Naomi's. Slept in Krissy's room.

Tues.-Had a nice cup of coffee while visiting with Mabe and Naomi in their living room. Headed to Mom and Dad's. Visited with Jim on the lane for awhile. So sorry his dog Lizzy was killed. Had a nice breakfast with Mom and Dad. Mom has shingles. Such an awful illness. Anne and Little David came and I got lots of hugs from him. He let me hold him on my lap for quite awhile. Such a smart little guy. Went over to visit Jonathan and Karen. He had been waiting since he saw me around 8:15 and I got there about 11:15. More hugs and kisses and he serenaded me with a guitar and made up song. Played on the floor with some blocks. Left around 12. Drove home through rain. Got here around 7:30. Phil and Susan helped me bring things in. Good to be home.

Wed.-Doing wash. Raining a Noah's Ark kind of rain. Puddles everywhere. Thunder and lightning. Phil working on books. Susan went out to town later to got to the gym, bank, get groceries, and attend youth group. Michael's at Chace's and is making him chicken rice with salsa and apricot for supper as a thank you for the use of his internet. I'm listening to Rosa's worship CD and finishing up wash and unpacking and communications with fb, email, and blogging. Oh-Mom sent home Susan's black and white quilt. So beautiful. She is tickled.

Thurs.-Busy day catching up, watching SAT DVD's with Susan, and playing softball in the eve. at home. Decided to see if I could still pitch and I was throwing really well 8 out of 10 times. Philip loaned us his 8 softballs and Susan got to hit time after time. Really great time. Little stiff now. Sat with ice on shoulder and hip and watched Monk with Susan and Phil. Michael at Chace's and Philip at the M's. Guys worked around here today. Put up two Martin boxes. I made a quiche for lunch using our sausage, eggs, spinach, and herbs. Worked 15 min. in old house. Amazing what you can get done if you are speed cleaning in a short amount of time.

Fri.-Homesick for my shore girls. Talked with Naomi later in the day. We're going to keep in touch a bit more regularly although any time we do talk,  it is like no time has passed. Thank you dear friend. Put in 15 min. in old house again. It's amazing what you can get done in that amount of time. 15 min. pulling weeds and 15 min. walking, too. Oh! And 15 min. pitching balls to Susan. Vacuumed and washed floors and went out to Farmville to run errands. Stopped in at Judy's and she fed me and gave me sweet tea and we talked for awhile. Visited R for 2nd time. Bought tomato plants, basil, marigolds, and Mom's Mother's Day geranium at B&M. Bought dog food at tractor supply and finished up at Walmart. Wrong time to go there. Bought a Rubbermaid container to house Susan's special quilt. Getting her ready for SAT's tomorrow. Bought pencils, erasers, and batteries for her calculator. Susan went out to town today as well and practiced her trio for Sunday and went to the gym. Phil went to look at sprayer. Guys are heading up to Pa tomorrow for trout season. Not sure where they are right now. Listened to Beth Moore's teaching that Bev gave me this morning while exercising. I'm reading the book by Joseph Prince that she gave as well. I love what Beth said about a holy discontent among God's people, because God is getting ready to pour our His Spirit on a dry and thirsty land.

Sat.-Busy day. Left shortly after 7 to go to Appomattox for SAT's for Susan, then to Tru-value Hardware to buy two plastic Adirondack chairs that were on sale for $15 each, then to Chai Time with Jenny and Savannah, then to Judy's to park and meet Janelle and Micah to enjoy The Heart of Va. for several hours. It's amazing how many people we knew from the community, family, church, Longwood, other churches, homeschool, etc. I bought a pair of earrings but really wanted to buy a piece of unusual pottery. The lady is an artist who makes it. She rolls out the clay and forms multi-segmented vases and beautiful plates, etc. Nothing was less than $35 but now I'm wishing I'd have gotten something. This is the kind of pottery I'd like to do because I don't think I'd ever get the hang of the wheel. Susan came out after her SAT's. She said her brain felt fried. I am sure she did well. She'll have another opportunity to take them in the fall. She hung out with Julie and Colton and friends and spent the eve at J's. Philip and Michael left around 9 this morning and headed up for the trout rodeo in Pa. They took a dark red geranium to Mom for Mother's Day along with a card we all signed. Janelle, Micah, and I visited with Tom, Judy, and Sammy Jo for awhile and drank Judy's sweet tea. Janelle said she could live on it. I came home and visited with Alli for awhile and we both sort of took naps. I have a sympathy belly to go along with hers. It's ridiculous but it's real. Phil and I went over to Happy Valley to get the tractor. The rain really gushed the debris out of the ditches up onto the road. Later, we took a little drive to see a den of little foxes right here on Cutbanks Rd. Phil worked on the farm and I tidied up and made some miniature cheesecakes. We're home alone until Susan gets home. Feeling the empty nest tonight. But it's okay.

Sun.-So good to be back at church. Worship sweet. Word on family strong. Held Gina's twins with Susan after church. Susan, Savannah, and Livi, sang their trio after the offering. Gave me goosebumps. People jumped to their feet clapping after they sang. Phil and I went to Sho-gun after church. They play the same worship music over and over and we love it. Came home and rested. Susan, Julie, Andrew, Colton, Tyler, and Mike, spent the afternoon down at the river and then came up and I made popcorn and they watched a movie in the man cave. Good friends. Good times.

No comments: