Monday, December 29, 2014

Hertzler Doings~Dec. 29, 2014-Jan. 4, 2015

Mon.-Busy catch up day. Washing, tidying, making job and goal lists, book lists, etc. for 2015, visited Alli and Nathan this morning and again later this evening. Philip went with me. He has so much fun with Nathan. Watched a Columbo with Phil and Susan. Made the best potato soup I ever made in my life for lunch today. It was cold and rainy. Susan had basketball practice this morning at New Life since they don't have school. Found out that Micah has the flu and another traveling companion of there's has it also but she is getting better. Brain still feels upside down. Hope I sleep tonight.

Tues.-Got to be with Nathan for 8 hours today. His mommy and daddy have food poisoning or something. What a little gem. Snuggled with him the first half hour of his 3 1/2 hour nap. Gave him some boiled water from a spoon and he seemed pretty thirsty. He drank like a little bird and ate lots of squash, sweet potato, apple sauce, and pears. He can sit up now on his own. He cries when Philip leaves and watches Michael intently while he plays guitar. He yelled for grandpa when he saw him come in and he plays with Susan's face with his little hands. It was a great day. Also made a recipe from Weaver's Orchard recipe book. Apple cider muffins with brown sugar fluff icing. Oh my goodness. Four X's a tapioca recipe. Watched Mrs. Doubtfire with Phil and Susan. That movie makes me laugh and cry and I had to think about Robin Williams and grieve for the sorrows he had.

Wed.-Got up by 7 today. Miracles do happen. Nathan came for several hours while Alli went to the doctor. She has an infection and they are running tests to see what's what. Nathan slept for an hour and a half in our bed today, going to sleep with the stroking of his face in about 2 minutes. It's wonderful. I say words that rhyme and stroke his face, legs, while saying words like "Nose...toes.  Sweet....cheek....Ears...hear...eyes...thighs...lips...hips...."etc. It puts him right out. Made a homemade angel food cake with the egg whites left over from Michael's egg nog. Shelly King came for a visit and ran with me to Walmart to get meds for Alli. Made some hot chocolate for this eve. The guys had their friends over and Susan had her friends over and now, all 11 of them are around the table playing Apples to Apples after eating fries, chips and dip, and four layers of pizza cake, apple cider, soda, and hot chocolate. Who is here? Susan, Mary, Molly, Claire, Philip, Michael, Logan (Hertzler cousin on his way south) Jordan, Chace, Dwayne, and Ricky. I am thankful for these dear friends for our kids.
Oh! The big news of today is that Susan finished her requirements for high school. I read her 3,000 word journal about our trip to Thailand and that was her writing requirement. It was well written and it made me laugh and cry.

Thurs.-Woke up around 4 when Logan was leaving. Went back to bed for a few hours. Susan and friends spent the night sleeping on the floor at HV. Came over and had a breakfast of homemade pancakes, bacon, and hot chocolate. They watched The Hobbit and Claire and Mary fell asleep on the sofa. Phil worked on biding jobs today. Susan slept, did some jobs, went to the gym. I went with Phil to Farmville. He dropped me off at Walmart while he went to Lowes. I made Michael's red plaid fleece blanket today and also made some Thai tasting meatballs and rice. Had root beer floats for supper too. Phil read somewhere that we should try to have 10 ideas a day. My goals for January include memorize Ps. 27. I am so familiar with it but couldn't quote it. I hope to get other Psalms down pat this year. I also challenge myself to write a little every day. So today I wrote about Ps. 27:5 and it's entitled 'Nathan's Pavilion' in my blog. Haven't posted it on face book yet. It feels good to write. The hot water is running in my bathtub. Tomorrow is a busy day. I've been trying to get things done today and realize that I should just rest and let my body catch up with itself. I'm glad tomorrow is just Friday. It's nice to know there is a Saturday before this Sunday. Oh-Travis M-tin. fell 12 feet. Was it just yesterday? Broken wrist and cheek, some badly bruised ribs and a concussion. So thankful it wasn't worse. What a precious family they are.

Fri.-Babysat Nathan early this morning and when he woke up, I went back to his parent's bed and picked him up and he smiled. He's a good little eater. So precious. Alli's tests came back normal. Clean bill of health. Went to see Dennis later in the day and he helped with my locked left ankle and right side stiff neck. Made seven layer salad with chicken for supper. Naomi called and we caught up and made a shore date for April. Watched a BatMan movie in eve with Phil and Susan. Finished spy book. Phil's dad admitted to Reading ER with pneumonia.

Sat.-Took down Christmas decorations. Decorated with shells from Thailand. Cleaned house a little bit. Visited Ron and Carol L and saw his beautiful Christmas villages. Michael melted wax and made a candle in a soda can and then took the aluminum off. Philip is working on his house and trapping. Susan went to the gym and got groceries. Phil is reading and bidding. I made up a box of Thailand for the Banton's. My stomach isn't happy. Am thinking about throwing up but am not sure if it's the vitamins I swallowed. Heard from Janelle on face book. Going to hurry up and get a few things done in case I really am sick. Yuck. Couldn't reach Mom although called several times. She is with Dad in the hospital I'm sure.

Sun.-Yay. Wasn't really sick. Just slightly queasy much of the time. Luke F. preached today. Really good. Went to Ruby Tuesdays with Freeman, Alli, and Nathan after Phil counted offering. Came home and watched movies, ate popcorn, got an eating plan from Susan, and planned my Monday in Farmville. Talked with Mom. She said that she and Dad sang some songs together in the hospital. He is doing better. So glad. She was so tired last night that she slept 12 hours. Dear Mom.

No comments: