Friday, April 24, 2015

Hertzler Doings~April 20-26, 2015

Mon.-Wild, windy, and rainy. Then to Asbury Street to the bakery for our goodies-a chocolate éclair for me, a donut and scrapple pie (to take home) for Rosa, and Naomi's favorite chocolate croissant. Then we went to Tada and bought gifts and jewelry. When we came back 'home' we washed sheets, towels, vacuumed, and cleaned up. The packed the car. It's a good thing I sent two bags home with Bev who will drop them off at my in-laws tomorrow evening. We left around 1 and went to Crab Trap for lunches of lettuce wedges, crab soup, and beet and goat cheese salad. We made it back home in record time with black clouds looming ahead of us and warnings of tornados and hail from 5-10 this eve. We unloaded at Naomi's and said good-bye to dear Rosa and Naomi and I hurried off to Flower Warehouse where I got tall glass vases to display rocks from CO that a friend gave me, shells from Thailand, and arrowheads from our back yards. We met Mabe, Morgan, and Ashley at Yoder's and had the supper bar. Ashley said that her bf, Lauren, was being mean to her because she found out she was going to spend time with me. Naomi and I went with Ashley and Lauren to Nantucket and we have a special bond between us all. Planning to go with them to Nantucket the fall of 2016 so I'm starting a new envelope to save some ten's and twenty's here and there.  Mabe bought a gift for Naomi twice since he left it on the plane the first time. It was a lovely yellow eyelet dress and she had tried on several similar to it this past weekend. Every time Mabe and Naomi kissed, Morgan said, "Gross." I think she's 21. So funny. Mabe hugged and thanked me for being such a good friend to his wife. I wish I had said, "Thank you for being such a loving husband to my best friend and for being such a shepherd father to your children." I headed to Mom and Dad's to spend the night. Had a good talk with Michael on the way. Jordan and Dianah were down from Maine and Jordan came over to say hello and good bye. Lights were out by 10:30 but first a took a shower in their new bathroom. Oh, how I love these people, my dear in-laws, parents of my life's love.

Tues.-Linda had a lovely breakfast for the Hertzler women and Jonathan. Anne, Debra, Mom, and Karen were there. We had a peach French toast casserole, sausage, and fresh fruit, and very strong coffee because Jonathan helped Annie make it. We sat around and talked for awhile and then I went back with Karen to her place to hang out with Jonathan and her for awhile. Had a late lunch of potato soup at Mom and Dad's and then Mom and I went frame shopping. My brother, David, had noticed that Dad was bidding on several pictures and I think David bought the lot and gave the prints to Dad. Long story short, Mom and I found frames and framed the pictures and put them up in the bathroom and then went to bed. It took awhile but we were so .proud of our days work. We did have supper in there. Mom made chicken, sweet potatoes, raw veggies, Rosa's pasta salad, green beans, sourdough bread, and rhubarb strawberry tapioca. Michael passed his stage check today. Susan found red shoes, necklace, and earrings to go with her black dress for prom. Phil took Nathan and Alli out to town to pick up her car. Freeman and Phil had a board meeting tonight. Got to bed by 9:45. Leaving in the morning.

Wed.-Karen and Jonathan came over after we were finishing up a breakfast of fried mush and sunny side up eggs. We visited and said somewhat sad good byes. I always feel sad when I say good bye to Jonathan and wish I was closer to watch him grow. Went over to say good bye to Debra and Jim and Joe came in and chatted. I have such great sister in laws and brother in laws. Left around 9 and got home around 4 after stopping every hour and driving through 50 min. of heavy rain, high winds, and lightning. Got a lot unpacked in the evening.

Thurs.-Catch up day. Washing. Cleaning. Working in garden and old house. Catch up visit with Alli and Nathan. Susan got xrays at the dentist and it shows that wisdom teeth must come out. Made an apt in Midlothian for tomorrow at 11:30. Watched two Monks in the eve. with Phil and Susan.

Fri.-Went to dentist. She is scheduled for May 4 which is the very day we wanted. Hurried back. She got ready for prom and I ran out to Appomattox to fill her 5 prescriptions and get groceries. Came back and Phil came in to see Susan in her dress and we took pictures and then I took her out to prom, stopping first at Judy's so she could see her and also fix the zipper in the back so it wouldn't slip down. Needed to be hooked.  Took lots of pictures at the train station. Then the kids went to Macado's and I ran some errands and came back and took pictures of her and friend Andrew. I saw the dancing getting started as I gathered my belongings and headed home. Chace, Jordan, and Michael were playing their guitars and drums out in the garage and Buck Night was a video game night since a lot of the guys were at the prom. I finally caught up on my Blog. Yay.

Sat.-Too rainy to plant the tomatoes and flowers I bought yesterday. Michael worked on his soap bars; wrapping them with a proverb and sealing them with wax. This could be the start of something big. I tidied the house. Susan went to the gym. Then in the eve. we watched the movie about unfortunate events. Good actors and a message of perseverance.

Sun.-Still chilly and rainy. Good sermon on Pentecost. Came home and made some food with Susan. Then we watched Princess Diaries and some Sherlock Holmes with Phil.

No comments: