Thursday, June 4, 2015

Hertzler Doings~June 1-7, 2015

It's Thursday eve. and my computer isn't accepting internet service this week, hence the late write up. I have windows of opportunity to face book, email, or write, and it's working now so I'm jumping on.

I've been to Bailey's auto service twice this week to get the rim of a tire ground down. It was flaking and was causing the tires to leak. I went Monday and Wed. and now the two back tires are as good as their going to get.  Got to see Michelle M. while I was out Wed.

Nathan turned One on the 3rd. He even had a little shirt on that said it was his first birthday. He was even sweeter than usual and at one point, he planted a wet sloppy kiss on my lips and just stayed there. Michael said, "Ew, Nathan. That's my mommy!"

Naomi called and they had to put Tink down. What a little Godsend he was. God will send another gift very soon.

It's been raining most of the week and we are grateful. I've been working on the old house and organizing the pig roast room. I helped Philip with his cupboards one evening and today, Michael and I made multi-colored bar swirled bar soap.  

The guys have been cleaning up the man cave because Chi Alpha kids are camping out here Friday night. I wonder if they have a back up plan if it rains.

The guys and Susan have been working over at Happy Valley. The Lucas's are coming on the 15th. Kathy and I need to practice our song for the Pig Roast. I got the CD yesterday.

Today I made the taco meat mix for Sunday's lunch and the Asian meat mix for Monday night's IF gathering. Also made pineapple bacon cheese ball dip. So good.

Friday afternoon, Chi Alpha kids from Longwood started coming. I think nearly 20 people were here for supper and there were some great people heading up the food and fellowship. We roasted hot dogs and s'mores. Tents were set up in our front yard and in back of the old house. Some slept through the night. Jessica L. and Michael made a breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausage gravy, biscuits, bacon, and cinnamon rolls. They went down to the river mid morning(Saturday) and packed up and left shortly after noon. We got ready to go to Nathan's party. One Year Old! Alli opened his gifts. It was good to see the Streams. Sara and Amber were there too as were Heidi and Ryan. Rob's mother was there. Bea. Came home. Susan mowed Happy Valley. Phil made hay. Philip moved. Michael worked on developing his business. I got eggs and watered chickens and emptied the dishwasher, and got ready for our family lunch tomorrow. Susan, Phil, and I, watched a movie but I went to bed soon after it started. Well, first I took a bath and wrote in my blog. Had a neat time talking with Hannah about a book study idea. She is such a good listener.

No comments: