Monday, June 29, 2015

Hertzler Doings~June 29-July 5, 2015 and July 6-12, 2015

Mon.-Got up early. Quiet Time, walk, worked in old house. Made high protein waffles with cottage cheese, oats, 4 eggs, coconut oil, etc. Picked green beans. Susan and Claire helped to clean them. Made red beets and red beet eggs, mashed potatoes, smashed cauliflower, and crock pot venison. Called the dentist about my left side hitting sooner than right and the pain it is causing and started to cry on the phone. Was so embarrassed. They put me in asap-tomorrow afternoon at 3:45. Michael mowed the lawn and chicken pen. Guys got back early. Packed up for Williamsburg tomorrow. Job there. Claire and Susan checking out Lynchburg. Met her folks out there. Phil took Susan out for supper. Their monthly date. Windows were open all day. Running a temp. Taking a bath and going to bed. It's 7:40.

Tues.-the guys are working at William and Mary College in Williamsburg. Michael went out to a farewell party for Mr. M. Mr. M is starting a new flight school out in CA. Wants us to stop in when we go out. Took Alli out to Appomattox to drop off her car and came back. Cleaned the old house for 15 min. earlier this morning. It's amazing how much you can get done. Met Lisa at Granny Bee's and then we went to CVS and True Value together. Went to see Dr. Harvey then. My bite is off for sure and that muscle is inflamed and at the end, I asked if he still wouldn't take an xray for my peace of mind and he did and here I am in bad need of a root canal in the very back molar and it needs to be taken care of right away. Put me on an antibiotic and offered to write a prescription for pain meds. I am relieved that it's not all in my head. Even though it is. My whole face hurts. He thinks I may need physical therapy to get my jaw to stay in place. I'm seeing Dennis tomorrow so that may help. Met Teresa and we went to Rustburg and got oodles of blueberries. Susan and I washed and bagged them to freeze. Alli came over and I took N for a gator ride. We saw a deer and turned off the engine and watched for awhile. He was so relaxed when we got home that he laid his head against my face and then left me rock him for awhile. He ate well and Alli was glad. Hopefully, they'll have a good night. Star of Bethlehem was visible for some this eve. It's too cloudy to see it. First time since 2,000 years ago.

Wed.-Slept in this morning! Feeling better. Went to see Dennis and he helped with my hip, shoulder, and put my jaw back into place. My right side actually touches now-although still hitting left side first. Made apt for root canal and plan to spend the night at Betty's because she lives near the dental office and I have to be out there by 7:45 in the morning. Visited Katherine with Judy and it was good. Went to Walmart, Bank, Tractor Supply, and Millers. Came home and put things away, rested, and wrote up Susan's transcripts. Michael volunteered to type them. Susan and I did her Seton testing this morning. She mowed at HV and went to the gym. Still running a temp at 99.8 but feeling better.

Wed. the 8-Been out of commission with an infected gum/tooth/jaw? etc. Running a fever and very tired but getting better. Tomorrow is root canal day in Lynchburg. They upped my apt by a week. Thank God. I'm wondering if getting my jaw worked on and rubbing those muscles actually spread the infection because that's when everything got much worse. Not sure how those things work. I drove the gator to Happy Valley today. Wore me out. Also made 5 pints of salsa and   froze two bags of green beans. So I must be better.

Sun.-the 12th. Have sweet corn this week Did up a bunch with Philip, Michael, Susan, and Phil. Sold a lot . So good to be back in church. Will try to write more consistently this next week.

No comments: