Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Hertzler Doings~July 13-19. 2015

Mon.-Such a busy day. Delivered some corn to a neighbor, picked and froze green beans, worked in old house, weeded cold frame, cooked all of the beets-just two meals worth came from it, washed Grandma H's homemade teddy bears, prepared corn for the 'IF' gathering at the Bartows, and had a wonderful eve. with our church ladies. In fact, I was so happy, I didn't sleep. And there was a crazy storm, so I opened the blinds, and turned around the opposite way in my bed, and watched the storm beside my sleeping Phil.

Well, it's Thursday already. It's hard to get back in the habit of writing a little each day when I stopped doing that for a week or so. We did up some corn one morning here and now I have about 28 packs. About half of what I normally do. Have sold the corn we have. Making bruschetta from the garden tomatoes. Had Nathan for a few hours one day and he fell asleep on the gator and we took a little nap together. Michael's been busy with church, picking corn, mowing, making soap. Susan's busy mowing, helping cut corn, going to the gym, and packing for her trip to the beach with Claire.
Tomorrow, our Thai friends are coming. They will sleep at Janelle's tonight and then she'll bring them over in the morning. Around 2, Phil and I will take them back with no interpreter along. I just want to open my mouth and speak Thai!

Sat.-We had a wonderful day with our friends here yesterday and we took them back to Harrisonburg last eve. They had black snake adventures, fishing adventures, and sitting around with the family just talking adventures. It was great to see Carol Tobin again, too. Today, I made 6 pints of salsa, froze two bags of green beans-seems they are getting their second wind; and froze 11 bags of corn. I husked, cleaned, blanched, chilled, cut off, and froze them myself and watched a movie about Rich Mullin and it was a wonderful time. Tonight I'll have Nathan for a little while his mom and dad go out on a date. I'm glad things are slowing down with the corn and that I'll have more time to be with N.

Sun.-Nice day of rest. Great church service.

No comments: