Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Hertzler Doings~July 20-26, 2015

Mon.-Today's highlights. Time with Teresa and her children and talking to Lindsay Lou and planning a Writer's Retreat and taking Nathan for a gator ride in the eve. When I showed up, he scolded me for not coming sooner. It was so funny.

Tues.-Farmville day. Called Lisa-DDF. Sent mother's Bible verse and quote journal to Abigale as she requested in the front. Visited Judy. Rocked Logan to sleep. Ran a few errands. Met Ginger at Bailey's and had lunch and a great visit with her and the boys while they fixed my tire rim. Went to Walmart. Saw Fernando and his wife and his sister and her son. Came home. So exhausted. Philip got some things out of the old house. Michael mowed. Freeman worked with the bees. Phil's out mowing the fields. I think I'm going to watch a movie and dip ginger snaps in milk.

Wed.-Had Nathan for a little bit this morning while his mommy got groceries. We took three gator rides. He almost fell asleep several times. I took a nap after he left and then started my day all over again with a quiet time and exercise. I talked with the neighborhood dumpster lady and now we can take our trash about a mile down the road for a little over 8 bucks a month. I made some stewed tomatoes and Phil and I ate that over corn fritters for supper. Made a pasta salad like Ginger served me yesterday. Also froze green beans and made a carrot cake. Phil's out mowing with the tractor and Michael's at the mens group at New Life. Susan is at the beach with Claire this whole week. DDF Lisa called and Sara butt dialed me and I tried to call her back alas. Talked with Judy and they think Logan's leg may just be sprained/bruised. He pulled a wooden trash container down on himself and he's been limping ever since.

Thurs.-I was going to go to Lynchburg with a friend but she was still away with family so I went by myself and had a great time. I got some tops, capris, shoes, books, some yarn, a box of musical toys for Nathan, Mexican food by myself (read a book while eating), and some frozen yogurt. Came home and took some lids to Alli for canning and got in some snuggle time with Nathan. Later, did some wash. Highlight of today? Helping a little 3 year old girl find her lost mommy in Kohl's, receiving a 40% off coupon from a complete stranger at ACMoore (Bought the musical instrument set-had priced them yesterday on Amazon), and coming home. Shopping wears me out. I heard a baby in one of the stores and I thought, 'That's it. I'm going home to Nathan.' Phil's working on the tractor. Freeman's putting up some fence for the calves. Susan's still at the shore. Michael's at an essential oil class-learning things for his soap making business. He's been working for Ron M. putting together boxes and packing them for a client. Got to meet the guy and was inspired.

Fri.-Lori K helped me order two pairs of zennioptical glasses for 2/5 of the price of the glasses I'm wearing now. And one is fun-turquoise blue half rim! Alli and Nathan came over in the afternoon/eve and we had supper and took gator rides and blew bubbles. Michael was here for supper. The guys were at a business meeting at Peter's. He fed them pork and other good things.Phil's working in the fields until after dark. He drove down the lane on the tractor, grandson in his arms, and N's mommy picked him up at the bottom of the hill.

Sat.-Spent the day cleaning. Jessica helped. Philip and Michael helped Phil on the farm. Officer H here to check out bear damage. Went to bed early. Didn't sleep well last night.

Sun.-Church. River. Happy Valley. Susan home from beach. Movie. Freeman, Alli, Nathan. Gator rides. Bath. Bed.

No comments: