Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Hertzler Doings~March 21-27, 2016

Mon.-Feeling much better.  Still have residual cough but no achiness and fever.  Worked and rested all day. Susan is enjoying the shore with her friends. I hope she can go to the shore with these friends the rest of her life. One of them has a grandmother with a beach house and they are down there with her now. They help her clean it at the beginning of the season and then enjoy their free time together. Phil worked on getting ready for the week after he got home. They are starting a new job with many restrictions. And they have an hours drive both ways. They wanted them to work seven 12 hour days but Phil told them they won't work Sunday's. So, it should be about 2 weeks of early morning until late at night. 6-8. Overtime pay is the reward. MJ signed rental lease on a house. Book Club is reading Ragamuffin Gospel. So, so good.

Tues.-Today I went to Farmville and had lunch at Judy's. She ordered in wings and fries from Pizza Hut and had them delivered. Her daughter in law, Crystal, was there. I've always enjoyed being with her. We had a really nice time. After that I went to see Dr. Travis. He worked me over and got some ribs back in place. I had a coughing fit that put some of them out of place. Then I went to the accountants and got some things notarized, then to the PO to mail those things and to the dry cleaners to pick up the Phil's suit for the wedding, then to Jessica's work to give her a hug, then to Pairets where I bought 2 plain soft tshirts, then to Walmart and then home, glory be. Oh, on my way to town I stopped in to drop some things off at Janelles and got to see her new spelling cards for Micah. They are really great. I gave the info to Judy for Sammy Jo. I put the groceries away and then went to be with Nathan a little. We took a stroll over to OBrien's and he wasn't supposed to take a nap because it was late in the day but I couldn't keep him awake. I turned around and came back and we woke him up and he wasn't happy with us but then I played hide and seek with him and was having a hard time breathing he gave me such a cardio workout and he is completely knowledgeable about the game now so it's hard to pull one over on him. He wasn't happy when I left after about an hour. Came home and took care of the chickens, trash, garbage, and supper. Talked to Judy some more too. What a dear friend to all of our family. Phil got home around 8 and then had to go to Farmville to pick up some things from Lowes from work tomorrow. He said the day went well. He looks tired.
I am so thankful to be feeling better. Fever free and I can move more freely and don't cough so much.

Wed.-Had a long great day shopping in Lynchburg with Jessica. Went to pick up my pants but the lady texted me and said they hadn't come in yet.  First we went to Peebles and used Lori's 40 and 50 % off coupons on things already on sale. Then we went to see Lori and Bethany and Caed and Caed went right to Jessica and liked her. Then we went to Burlington Coat Factory. Then to Lifeway where we got a cake topper and Bible. Then to Michaels where we got more wedding things and ACMoore, Kohls, Rue 21, back to Lifeway where we went Michael and then over to Sam's Club where we got the dry goods for the wedding. Jessica and Michael went their own way and I went to the mall and found the shirt I wanted two weeks ago. It was hanging right where I hid it in plain sight. Then I went to Peebles on the way home and got the shoes that I thought about all day. Stopped in at Evergreen and got some boxes for them to use to pack and came home shortly before Phil. What a day. I found 3 things for Nathan's Easter gift. A little vest that I got for under 4 bucks at Peebles, a Veggie Tale Easter Story, and a huge ball that looks like a tennis ball. The moon is unusually beautiful tonight.

Thursday-Had a wonderful day with Nathan and then with Alli also, down at the river and back up at the house. Nathan played in the sand and threw stones in the river for 2 hours and he didn't want to leave.

Fri.-Did some cooking for Easter and had Nathan while Alli cleaned over at Happy Valley. Susan came home yesterday from the shore but had to work. Tonight she was able to come home and we watched a movie she redboxed about the guys who climbed Mt. Everest. Some returned. Some remain. None of us could understand why someone would do something like climb a mountain that could conquer you. I understand as far as empathizing with someone who wants to do it but I don't understand personally. It's not a mountain I want to climb.

Sat.-Finished up food for tomorrow and cleaned the house I think.

Sun-Wonderful Easter Sunrise service and breakfast at Walkers Presbyterian. Then great service at church and then went to Tom and Helen's for a pleasant afternoon. Nathan and Levi played so well together and one time, I was holding them both. We took pictures of the grandpas-Tom and Phil; their children, Freeman and Michelle, and Nathan and Levi. Altogether. Sang a little too but were I ate too much to sing with gusto. Watched Zorro in the eve with Phil and Susan.

No comments: