Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Hertzler Doings~March 7-13, 2016

Mon.-Susan got out and dug in the dirt and got her herb garden prepared. I started working in the back room, dragging everything in boxes out into the living room.

Tues.-Finished up the back room. Got rid of so much and organized the shelves. Nothing is on the floor but 2 containers of Nathans toys. Now I need to clean the closet back there. Susan pruned the apple trees and raspberry plants and planted some seeds. Nathan went to the doctor. He may have that nasty respiratory virus that children get but they will know more by Thursday. Dear little guy.

Wed.-Nathan improved overnight. Fever gone. Appetite back. Thank God. He and Alli came over today and we worked on the yard a little and took a gator ride over to Happy Valley to see the men working on the quarters. I worked on the kitchen this eve. and organized one area. Once you get one area clean the next area looks so cluttered and I wish I had energy to keep on going. Also worked in the old house a little. Susan cleaned out the chicken pen and spread oodles of buckets of chicken poop on the area she is planting a garden. Lucy is running free around Susan as she works and her last months sorrow of having no Susan is forgotten by now. It seems that there are an unusual amount of deaths lately. I've had a running list of people to send a sympathy card to. The closest home to me is the death of Elva Burkholder. She was like a mother to me when I was in Red Lake right out of high school. I wish I could come up this weekend for her service but there is too much going on. I'm so glad I went to see them the last time I came up by myself.

Thurs.-Nathan was grandma's boy today. We drove the gator to Happy Valley to visit Daddy and Uncle Philip and Dave Plank and Austin Gridley. They are replacing an original building over there. Then we went to the river and dug in the beautiful sand that the tornado left us. Then we went back to Happy Valley and Nathan fell asleep and slept 2 1/2 hours. We had to wake him up and he wasn't exactly happy about it. Susan worked in the eve. after being with a friend yesterday. Michael, Phil, and I, had burgers and peanut butter maple syrup popcorn for supper and watched 'The Voyage of the Dawn Treador.'  I am reading an autobiography of a woman named Katrina who lives in the area. Lived. She passed away this week and the friend who gave me her book is broken hearted as are many people. Quite a story. She helped many victims of Hurricane Katrina because of her name and website even though it was created long before the Hurricane came. I was thinking today about Revelation and how one group of people lost their first love. He commended them for their discernment and their lack of tolerance for an evil person and I wondered if we in the process of being discerning can step away from our first love. Even as we see what is evil around us, we can keep ourselves in the love of God, and not lose our first love.

Fri-Sun.-Wow. Forgot to write. Highlight was Sunday afternoon/eve birthday party for Jessica and Susan. Had a wonderful time. Shared what we appreciated about both of them. Of course I end of crying which is why they made me go first this time. Freeman and Susan practices 'Love Me Tender' which they will sing during the ceremony. Phil and I took Nathan for a gator ride in the dark. He almost fell asleep. After church, Phil and I went to Tom and Helen's for lunch. They've harvested great portions of their trees and it takes some getting used to see bare fields.

No comments: