Monday, February 29, 2016

Hertzler Doings~Feb. 29-March 6, 2016

Mon.-Oh man, I've gained about 10 pounds with Susan not here. It didn't help that we got snowed in, that I fell twice and threw up numerous times and my ribs were put out of place, that I had to be away so much with the floors being done, and that I do such a good job making excuses.
Went out to Farmville and went to the bank, Walmart, Judy's, the chiropractor, (saw the Sandridges there), chatted with Lindsay numerous times on phone and texting, thank God for her, and had lunch with Nicole at Uptown and visited Jessica too. Nicole and I checked out Cato because I am getting desperate for a groom's mother outfit. Talked to Chris K. this morning for awhile. She said she orders dresses on line and gets a number of them and sends back what doesn't work. So, I tried that this eve after sending pictures out to Lindsay and getting her counsel. I ordered a pantsuit. It's black bottoms with flowy see thru material over the pants that make it look like a skirt and then I ordered a gold top that comes with it. The tops and bottoms were in all kinds of colors but this morning, Chris told me that she was told that the grooms mother is to wear beige and keep her mouth shut.
The girls dresses arrived today as well and they are like a coat of many colors. Beautifully made. Hope they fit! Took a walk in this beautiful weather. Phil worked on the lane. Philip worked some on the farm and his house. Freeman stopped in to say Hello. Michael and Jessica went to marriage counseling. And I've been chatting with Susan. She made lots of cream brulee. I'm not sure how to spell that. I'll be picking her up Wednesday and bringing her back home. She is sad to leave and happy to come home. That's contentment.

Tues.-Took Chris and Lori K out to Lynchburg to pick up 2 rental cars. One of their cars were totaled in the tornado and the other was dropped off to have the damage fixed. Did a little shopping while out there. Made some food when I came home and caught up on wash, etc. Watched 'Out of Africa' while doing exercises. Evergreen looks different. And I almost missed my turn off road from 460 because the terrain looks so strange with the trees down. But trash is in piles. And the workers are organized. And the chain saws are quiet.

Wed.-Charity, Hannah, and Abigale T. stopped in for a visit this morning. We had a nice time. I went over to watch Nathan while Alli took care of the animals because it was so cold and windy. Phil and I left at 7 to pick up Susan at the Richmond airport. We were happily reunited within 15 min. of our arrival. She talked of her adventures the whole ride home and it was wonderful. I videotaped her reunion with Lucy. Phil hit the sack. Had been up at 4 and it was after 10. Susan gave me beautiful gifts. A lovely multi colored blue scarf and a sand and broken glass/tile scene made by a local artisan. I slept really well after I warmed up. For some reason it took me awhile. I was warm when I went to bed and then started to shiver. Odd. Slept until 7 the next morning. Haven't done that for ages. It's good to have my precious girl home.

Thurs.-Spent the day with Susan. We picked up her car at the garage and dropped off the truck, went healthy food shopping at Kroger, and drove through Evergreen. Not many people are out cleaning the tornado sight. People had to go back to work. It will get busy during the weekend. But there are months, maybe years, of work ahead. Susan made us a wonderful lunch of soybeans, sautéed red chard, braised asparagus, cantaloupe, guacomali, and salsa . And tea. We watched some Downton Abbey while we ate and then she held Lucy on her lap. Lucy is not allowed on the new floors. Susan is carrying her to her room. Lucy is so happy. Alli and Nathan came for a visit. Jessica came and spent the night. It's a wintry mix. Susan's been singing all day. And she ordered lots of seeds. She's buying them herself, and in exchange for the use of the land, we will get to eat the fruit of the land. She is mostly wanting to see what grows best on this land. She made Jessica and I supper again this evening. So delicious and filling.

Fri-Sun.-Forgot to write so now I forget what happened. Susan had a birthday party with her girlfriends Saturday night. I made her a lemon cake and baked a pizza. Sunday, we had a shower for Jessica after church. Then some of her friends tried on dresses at her house afterwards. Freeman and family were up in Pa as was Philip for Marlin Petersheim's reception.
Robins are slurping up cold worms. I think spring has come. Someone needs to inform the temperature.

No comments: