Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Hertzler Doings~Feb. 1-7, 2016

Mon.-Left around 8 and took Susan to Richmond International Airport. She flew from their to JFK and then to San Juan. She connected with her family in Puerto Rico, said they were so nice, and that she was going to bed. (A little before 8.) I am so excited for her but I've had my meltdowns but now that she safely navigated the first flights alone ever in her life, I feel better. All of her writings have been with exclamation points.
After I dropped her off, I went and found where the Emotionally Healthy Leader Seminar was going to be, and then I went shopping at Steinmart across the street. I think I found my outfit for the wedding! I wanted something simple that I could wear comfortable shoes and was also thinking of slacks because of the shoes and the outdoors. I found black pants and a turquoise crocheted top. I sent a picture to Susan and she really liked it and said I should get it. I texted her and said something like, "Why do I always get the changing room next to the muttering old ladies?" She said that people looked at her in the airport because she laughed so loud.
Lunch was great at the Sheraton and I learned from Peter Scazzero about being an Emotionally Healthy Leader and got to talk to him a little and he signed my book and said that it wasn't good to have read his book in 2 days but I told him that I only got it Wed. and read it Thursday and Friday. But I'll read it again and use the other resources I bought. It's so good. The premise is this: One cannot be spiritually mature unless one is emotionally healthy. It makes so much sense. Most problems in the church have more to do with the lack of emotional maturity and we chalk it up to spiritual maturity. My heart and mind are full and I have many questions. I slept like a log though. Phil and I talked and then watched Downton Abbey. Lucy was glad to come in but she misses her Susan. Michael and Jess went to marriage counseling. Philip had supper with us and told us of his ventures.

Tues.-Up early, starting to read, journal. Saw Susan's picture out the front or back of her house. They live in the rain forest. It's breathtakingly beautiful. She made some cheese from goat's milk, milked a goat, planted trees, hung out with the ten year old boy, Linden, went to the river, and read while relaxing on a hammock. I tried to get some work done but had a hard time focusing. I also watched 'The Emotionally Healthy Woman' by Geri Scazzero. So good. Phil and I watched the rest of Downton Abbey. End of Season 6. All's well that ends well.

Wed.-Lots of rain changed my plans to get groceries and meet Lisa for coffee. We talked on the phone instead. Watched more of The Emotionally Healthy Woman. Phil and I watched it in the eve. too. I cut Michael's soap for him since it was too soft for him to cut. So satisfying. Tidied the house and did some wash and watched a movie, too. Very relaxing day. In the 60s and the spring peepers have revived.

Thurs.-Was going to go to the dentist but got a vicious stomach virus or reaction to something for all day after 10:30 and have slept when I could. Phil stopped and bought me pretzels, crackers, and bananas. Susan coached me from afar and said I should sleep as much as possible. My head hurt like crazy and I was concerned about blacking out.
Happier news, Susan is having a wonderful time. She learned how to make Kombucha and feta cheese and herb cheese and how to cook casa something squash. She is organizing shelves for her host, Amy. She gets a 5 min shower a day since they collect rain water. She milks the goats. They went over to visit a friend the other night and got back at midnight so she got to take a nap the next day. The neighbor has an emu named Toom toom and a peacock that sounds like it's yelling for help all of the time. She keeps checking on Isaac whenever she hears that scream. Isaac is blonde haired big blue eyed and 2 1/2. She's been reading. Is on her third book already. We keep in touch. I'm so glad I got a smart phone. She has enough internet to text and that's about it. A chiropractor was visiting from NY and worked on her back. I am so happy for her.

Fri.-Barely moved. So stiff and sore from stomach upset effects.

Sat.-Doing little bits of things. Yesterday I did vacuum and wash the floor and watched movies and stretched. Today I took care of the critters and trash and made chocolate cupcakes and bread and read Mindset and For the Love. Jessica and Michael looked at a house to rent. Philip went with them to check it out. Phil drove up to Pa with Steve R. Susan weeded some fence in PR covered from head to toe and sweating bullets. She made a smoothie with local fruit. Later, Linden shot 2 field chickens and then Susan and Amy dressed them with herb paste. She organized some shelves earlier. Michael is meeting up with his friend, Matt, later, and Jessica went to the Lavender fields with Alli and their friend, Beth. Jessica is coming back later and we're making a vanilla cake with whipped icing for her friend, Taylor's birthday tomorrow. I'm going to clean out some kitchen drawers.

Sunday-Nice day of rest.

No comments: