Thursday, January 28, 2016

Hertzler Doings~Jan. 25-Jan. 31, 2016

Well, here it is, Thursday eve. already, and I haven't written anything all week.
Life went back to semi normal yesterday. Jessica left to go to work after being here since Thursday night. Susan went back to work. Which means that our lane is good to go with the higher temps. It's not really been safe to go out before.
I helped Phil take his truck out to Farmville Tuesday night so I knew we could get out on Wed. Janelle went with me and we hit the town yesterday. We were out for 5 hours, ending our errands at Food Lion. Micah was ready for her to get home.
We had a nice week of being snowed in and never once did we get tired of Jessica nor did she get weary of us, as far as I know. She is such a dear sister to Susan and they giggle and talk. Michael has played games and watched movies and been with Susan as much as possible because he is very aware that she will be leaving for Puerto Rico for a month and soon afterwards, he will get married and things will never quite be the same as they are now.
I got into one of my laughing fits again and Susan recorded it. I don't think Michael had ever seen me like that. It was after a Julia Roberts movie and funny thing is, it happened another time after a different Julia Roberts movie. Oh well.
I finished the fast early because it started to snow so I started to eat and I think I may have gained everything back that I lost. Which is ridiculous and utterly human.
Nathan and Alli came over today and I made him Kool Aid playdough and he had the time of his life with it. I also started to read a book by Peter Scazzero-'The Emotionally Healthy Leader. It's so good. And hard. But good. But I forgot about it while Nathan was here because just being around him makes me the healthiest emotional person around. He is just a joy. That little darling boy.
Tomorrow, I hope to catch up some more in the house. Today I vacuumed and made quiche, red beet eggs, pumpkin ice cream with gingersnaps and put together some ice cream sandwiches. I vacuumed the floors and cleaned one of the bathrooms.

Here it is, Tuesday of next week, and I'm finally getting to writing. Highlight was Sunday afternoon with the family. We went around and shared with Susan what we love and appreciate about her. Phil prayed for her and we had a nice supper of taco salad and homemade ice cream sandwiches and pumpkin ice cream parfait with gingersnaps. They played the Farming Game and colored. Freeman colored a neat buck. I asked him to draw me a picture of the inside of a log cabin so I could hang it in our dining room. Freeman was in Va. Beach Friday and Sat helping with a youth Encounter. It was really a nice weekend/Sunday. I love my family and I like them too. Nathan was great fun as usual. He's starting to say words. He saw my big stainless steel bowl and said, "Pop-pop." He loves popcorn.
Susan and Jessica stayed up late and watched a movie.

No comments: