Monday, January 4, 2016

Hertzler Doings~Jan. 4-10, 2016

Mon.-First Day of Daniel Fast. Terrible headache by eve. Went out to Appomattox in morning and got my temporary crown put back in. It was snowing like crazy. Went to the Post Office to send Downton Abbey back to Naomi-we caught up on the phone this morning on my walkabout. Went to Walmart, Kroger, and Tractor Supply. Susan had cleaned up the house and cooked while I was gone. She went in to work around 3. I did some wash and tidying up and took some pictures of the sunset. It never gets old-His artwork. The video Jessica posted of me eating enough ice cream to last me for 21 days has probably hit about 100 likes on face book. I'm not quite as embarrassed as I was at first. I made a huge pot of vegetable soup. It needs something. Probably beef. Not getting it this time. I had this thought the other week about birds. If we act like an ostrich with it's head in the sand-"Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you" kind of thing, then we are destined for 'government by emergency' and look like chickens with their heads chopped off. 'I didn't see that comin'' sort of thing. Which always leads to death. Disaster. Chaos. Circling Vultures. And I'm sad about that.

Tues.-Susan and I spent the day Goodwilling in Lynchburg. Found some great buys, especially for Susan's trip to Puerto Rico.

Wed.-Took Jenny M. to Charlottesville. She was fitted for a boot for her broken foot. Joined Phil at church in the eve. for the family anointing service. I love our church and it's people. So happy and excited I could barely sleep.

Thurs.-Had a short morning with Susan before she went to work. Nathan and Alli and Jessica were here at different times and it was a sweet day. Jessica and I rode the gator out to get the mail. We wrapped Nathan in a blanket and he'd tuck his little face in under the covers and snuggle to keep protected from the cold wind. It was a balmy 40 here today but the gator wind chill made it colder. Our chocolate covered fruit arrived from the Lucas's last evening. I'm eating fruits and vegetables for awhile. It's good chocolate comes from the cocoa bean. Michael came home from work early and joined Jessica here. We watched some I Love Lucy in the eve before J went to clean P's house and Michael made another batch of soap and I took a book to the bathtub.

Fri.-Today I decluttered and deep cleaned the laundry room. It is #1 declutter. #2-next week, will be the kitchen. I think I'd better get started tomorrow. Phil and I watched some Longmire in the eve. He and the guys got back from NC this afternoon after working there yesterday and spending the night.

Sat.-Cleaned house and Phil put up pictures in the new dining room. Watched Jessica's gift to Phil in eve. AD. Enjoying it.

Sun.-Wonderful church service. Church full. Good to have the college students back. Pastor Bill preached on entering the rest of God. Murmuring and complaining keep us from entering His rest. Had lunch at home with Phil. Alli and Freeman went to see Star Wars 4 and we had a blast with Nathan. His language skills have taken a whole different tune/turn and it's so much fun to hear him say 'tractor' and 'stick.' Michael and Jessica visited awhile and Erin West came over for a few hours. Sheri Koenig stopped in to drop off Michael's calligraphy book and to pick up another book from Phil. (Wheel of Time series.) Susan came home right before Freeman and Alli got back. She and I watched a Murder She Wrote and hit the sack early.

No comments: