Monday, December 28, 2015

Hertzler Doings~Dec. 28, 2015-Jan. 3, 2016

Mon.-A special thanks to my sister-in-law, Karen, for her generous hospitality, and the gracious way she shares with us. I know she is washing sheets and towels today or tomorrow and is cleaning up the bathroom and bedrooms. Not only is she my sister in law, she is a dear friend I have had for years, before she was even part of our family. Susan and I went grocery shopping today and came home and did a lot of food prep while we washed clothes, etc. When we finally sat down to eat, we watched some 'I love Lucy,' which is a dangerous thing to do if one chokes as easily as I do. The Amarillas that Susan got me last week is blooming at its finest right now. It is white and the window sills are white and the manger scene she got me is white. It's just so beautiful together. Jess had spent the night and she and I had breakfast together before she left for work. She told me about the kind things that were said to her by the cousins this weekend. It's in the 40's and raining. I have some time alone this evening so I've been catching up on my blog writing. I could take down Christmas decorations but I'm just not ready to do that yet. It's nice to know that my two sister in laws, Karen and Linda, will be reading this soon. As well as Naomi and Lindsay. I love you, dear family and friends.

Tues.-Did some wash and had Nathan time. Susan went to work a double shift and Alli went out to Farmville to run errands. Made some rice,beans, and meat mixture as well as cooked and froze a 2 pound bag of northern beans. Tidied up some more. I'm not quite unpacked but hope to be by evening's end. Still getting Christmas cards in the mail and I'm not near ready to put away Christmas decorations. When one is waiting for Jesus to come, it feels like Christmas is tomorrow every day.

Wed.-Had a day alone and organized a cleaning schedule notebook. Every year I have a goal to simplify. I don't know why I have such a hard time getting rid of stuff. I'm also working on developing a face book book club. Lindsay said she'll co-lead it with me. We're making plans tomorrow. I also did some Christmas clean-up. Later, when Phil got home, we watched some 'Murder She Wrote' with Susan.
Called Karen H. to find out the cookbook cover that Cindy gave to Jonathan. It was full of healthy recipes. I found a used one on Amazon and also ordered the Building a House book that he got for Christmas. She had a good time on Tuesday making donuts with her nieces and nephews. I'm so glad she does this. Makes me want to get back to having sleepovers with Serena, Abigale, and Micah. Haven't done that for half a year and we were trying to do it every 3 months.

Thurs.-Got up early and organized my plan of Bible Study and Memory work for 2016. Someone messaged me on Facebook and thanked me for the postings I've put on FB and invited me to their prayer meeting at the Methodist Church in Appomattox. They meet there and pray for their children.
Met with Lindsay over the phone and we planned our on-line Book Club. Nathan came over for a few hours while his mommy cleaned their house for company. Michael and Elizabeth P. are stopping in overnight on their way to a wedding. N loves electronics and balls. He can whip a ball in the right direction with either hand. He hung on to me when it was time to leave and his mommy is smart enough to be glad he likes to be here. Phil and I watched a mystery or two or three or four, actually, before going to bed and we didn't actually see the new year in neither did it occur to us to do so. Philip had a party at his house and Michael and Jessica were there. Susan worked and then spent the night in town with a friend.

Fri.-Happy New Year's Day. I wanted to find a word for the year. Last year I think my word was Simplify. Today, I read something that I want for this year. It's in John 12:21. "...we would see Jesus." Well, we had a nice surprise this morning. Jessica is wearing a ring! She and Michael went over to Philip's to bring in the New Year with some friends and Jessica fell asleep a little before midnight and Michael told her he'd wake her up to bring in the NY. Camera's were rolling when he woke her up and he said something like, "Jessica, do you know what my New Year's resolution is? I want to marry you. Jessica, will you marry me?" And she said, "Yes," and the rest of the day has been somewhat of a dream. News travels fast these days and as soon as immediate family and grandparents knew, it went on face book. What a happy day. (Hold April 9th  unless you hear otherwise.)

Sat.-Cleaned the house and watched 'Murder She Wrote' with Phil in eve. Michael bought packing boxes and is seriously cleaning his area over there. Susan had a sleepover with Molly, Mary, Claire, and Jodi, last eve. They came over and made pancakes and left late morning. Susan cleaned her room-we are all decluttering-and later, she, Michael, and Jessica, went over to Meredith's to play 'The Farming Game' and Uno.

Sun.-Reading the book of John. Preparing for 21 day corporate church fast beginning tomorrow. Also starting de-cluttering challenge tomorrow. And ChickLits starts for real tomorrow. It's good today is a day of rest. Gave Jessica her second piano lesson. She learns fast. Barrett came over and Susan and him shot guns and later played Monopoly and Uno. Jessica and I watched 'Shall We Dance?' Michael surprised her with ballroom dancing lessons for Christmas. Now she is even more inspired.

No comments: