Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Hertzler Doings~Dec. 7-13, 2015

Mon.-Stayed with Nathan and his house while his mommy ran errands so that someone would be there if a package came and a signature needed to be had. Watched the new Cinderella with Susan-"Have Courage and Be Kind," and "I forgive you," were two of the concepts that makes this movie powerful. Watched more Downton Abbey with Phil and in between the noon show and evening show, I cleaned up clutter areas like crazy. Susan helped coach New Life Lion's. They won!

Tues.-Cleaned hard in our bedroom and back room and found the dead mouse that was making its' presence known. Alli and Nathan came over for a walk. He wanted to ride with Phil in the tractor. He likes big machinery.

Wed.-Went out to Appomattox and caught up with Lisa at Granny Bee's, bought a flowy vest at B&L's, browsed Country Charm and Baines, picked up my notecards and cookbooks at the print shop, bought two shirts at The Little Things in Life, found some great buys at Salvation Army, got some dog food and chicken feed at Southern States, went to Walmart, Peebles, and Kroger. Came home, put things away, wrapped gifts, and when Jessica came to drop off some things for Michael who was in bed since 6 and not feeling well, we sat up and visited until after 11. I love that girl.

Thurs.-I had my Christmas moment today. It lasted for a long time. Lindsay called, asked if I had a few minutes, put her phone on speaker, and she and the girls and I shared in their devotional time. They sang all of the verses of "Be Thou My Vision", Adi read Ps. 103:1-6,7, and then they sang "O Come all Ye Faithful." It was so beautiful and overwhelming to hear the girls singing. I sang with them when I could and the rest of the time I was weeping and feeling like a billionaire. What a gift. One of the best Christmas gifts ever. It gives me great joy to hear the truths they are being taught and to hear how well they can sing and read. But most of all, I felt the love. The love of God and the love of Lindsay, Emma, and Adi.
I worked on another area of my bedroom, did wash, and watched Nathan so Alli could get ready for her party. Nathan and I drove the gator over to Happy Valley. He's trying to help me drive now. He wanted to sleep on the floor at home but he just couldn't knock himself out, although he tried, as he rolled from side to side on the red soft blanket Lindsay gave me one year and the cream colored one that Jenny gave me last year. Later, when I went to Alli's party, I suddenly felt sick in my stomach and had to leave. I went right to bed and slept until late the next morning.

Fri.-Rested much today and then went to Peter and Ivona's for their annual work related Christmas party. Kendra C. was there and it was nice to be with her. She helped Ivona with setting up, serving, and clean up, so Ivona could sit down and enjoy the company. We each received take home containers with the food they served generously heaped inside and they sent home a homemade round loaf of hard chewy crusted bread as well. Susan worked today and then helped coach the basketball team. They lost by one point. Nathan pointed at Baby Jesus in the bread bowl, said something, and ran and hid behind a chair in the dining room. I may have to put Him away.

Sat.-Michael and Jessica left early this morning to head to Pa to pick up fruit baskets from Weaver's Orchard and to stop in to see family. It will be nice for Jessica to meet some of the family before Christmas. They'll be back tonight. Took the truck. 

Sun.-After church, Phil and I drove to the Abbey in Richmond and delivered a fruit basket to the monks and some apple cider for Brother Nolte. I went out to the Women's Chai Time Christmas party at Uptown in the eve and had a blast.

No comments: