Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Hertzler Doings~Dec. 14-20, 2015

Mon.-Ran lots of errands in Farmville from noon on and didn't get home until 8:30. Got my hair cut, visited Judy, Ginger, Jessica. Ran into Jenny at Uptown. Went to Walmart, Cato, Tractor Supply, and I forget what all.

Tues.-Busy day tidying up, making veggie burger mix, pretzels with wafers and M&M's, watching Monk with Michael. Alli and Nathan came over in the afternoon and we enjoyed riding the gator in this beautiful weather.

Wed.-Made some peppermint marshmallow candy and caramel corn. Watched a movie with Susan in the afternoon. In the eve. Phil, Susan, and I watched some Downton Abbey. Sent Susan a text while she was at the gym and asked her to tell me when she was coming home so I could turn down the music and put some clothes on. She said she burst out laughing and people looked at her in the gym like she wasn't quite right.  She bought me a beautiful bulb in a vase whose flower will be white. She said she wants to buy me flowers all the time.

Thurs.-Ran out to Appomattox to pick up our Christmas ham gifted from Jamerson. Also picked up my note cards at the print shop and went to Walmart and Kroger. Gil and Lindsay and their kiddos came around 1 and we had a wonderful day together, talking, eating, drawing, exchanging gifts, etc. Susan got to share with them about her upcoming adventure. Adi sat on her lap playing with her new puzzle game for a nice long time. Emma cut out pastry with cookie cutters and we put them on top of the turkey potpie. Emma snuggled with Philip on the sofa and also pretended she was Mary and held baby Jesus. Adi and I enjoyed drawing together. Freeman got to visit them for a little while but Alli and Nathan didn't get to see them yet due to head colds. Jessica came over in the eve. and got to meet them and spent some quality time with Linds. When they are here, it's like they've never left. What a wonderful family we have.

Fri.-Went to Appomattox with Susan and Bantons and had fun shopping in the little shops. A quote I want to remember:"John Wooden, the legendary basketball coach, says you aren't a failure until you start to blame. What he means is that you can still be in the process of learning from your mistakes until you deny them. " From the book, Mindset, by Carol S. Dweck, Ph.D. 'An Essential Read for parents, teachers, and coaches. ' Went to staff party tonight at New Life.Gil and Lindsay visited Jamie and Ginger and boys and the Atkinsons.

Sat.-Phil and I both have what the others had this past week. Some kind of sore throat head cold thing. I'm writing this a few days late and I forget what we did today. It was nice to be with Gil, Lindsay, Emma, Adi, and Ben. We made some peppermint marshmallows. The family party was held over at Philip's since Phil and I felt sick.

Sun.-Phil went to church. I stayed home. The Banton's stopped in to say good bye before they left. Pastor Bill and Jenny took them out for lunch after church. Had our family Christmas at 4. It was wonderful to have Jessica with us. It was a giving Christmas. I started to list special gifts but was concerned that I'd forget someone. We read a Christmas story and Luke 2. We sang carols. Exchanged gifts. Had a simple supper. And played the Farming Game. It was a wonderful day.

No comments: