Monday, January 11, 2016

Hertzler Doings~Jan. 11-17, 2016

Mon.-Took Susan to Dr. this morning and I got groceries while she was in office. She has a severe sore throat and her ears hurt. Was put on a z-pack and slept most of the day. I made a roast and pureed vegetable soup. Made Susan some fruit smoothie with probiotic in it morn and eve. Michael watched a Murder She Wrote with us in the eve. and made Susan some homemade cough syrup with honey and essential oils. It's really comforting to the throat and opens up the sinuses. Phil had to go to Richmond twice today because they gave him the wrong size lumber for Dave. The guys worked at Dillwyn and then came back here to work as well. I mended the 'new' comforter I got at Goodwill. It's so pretty but it came apart at some of the seams when I washed it.

Tues.-Today, Jessica got her dress at Church Street Bridal in Lynchburg. It was a Clinefield or something like that, brand new, for a fraction of the cost. It was fun to be with her mom and six sisters and her roommate, Taylor. The dress she said yes to was the first dress she and her mom picked out and the first one she tried on. We had a great time. I was sorry that Susan was too sick to come.
In the morning, our water heater broke, and I had to take everything out of our bedroom closet. It was a mess when I got home. Phil was getting parts to fix it when I got back. I moved stuff around so we could walk to our bed and took everything off the bed so we could sleep.

Wed.-Worked on organizing the closet and throwing things away, giving things away, storing and organizing what was left. I'm ready to go to the shore. Or, maybe, I feel that way because I just talked with Naomi about going in April. Susan went to work. She didn't have much of a voice. But she's feeling a bit better. Michael and Jessica went to youth.

Thurs.-I can't remember what happened today. Am writing this on Monday the 18th.

Fri.-Went out to Farmville with Janelle in eve. to attend a Farmville Women's Leadership Meeting. Discussed the book 'Better Than Before' by Gretchen Rubin. I really enjoyed being with these ladies and spending time with Janelle.

Sat.-Went out to New Life for 1:00 Memorial service for Arleen Liotta. It was great to see old New Life. We are still a family when it is all said and done. Ran some errands and visited Judy before coming home.

Sun.-Church. Out to eat at Ruby Tuesdays. Nathan came over and delighted us with his presence. Philip had Michael, Jess, and Susan over. Made them toasted cheese sandwiches with tomato soup after he made homemade bread. Phil and I watched AD in eve. and then a Monk with Susan.

No comments: