Monday, April 25, 2016

Hertzler Doings~April 18-24, 2016

Mon.-We walked up to Asbury for pastries and coffee and then up to the boardwalk to find a woven blanket for Rosa and then back to our place. We cleaned and washed the sheets and towels and packed the car. We went to Crab Trap for a late lunch and ran into Philly traffic on the way back. Stopped at Dunkin Donuts in Morgantown for a decaf caramel coffee latte cold. After saying goodbye to Rosa, Naomi and I headed the Flower Warehouse. I found the crocheted top I've been looking for all year. Mabe treated us to supper at Summerfield Farms. Went to bed early.

Tues.-Had a nice morning visiting with Mabe and Naomi with our coffee. Said goodbye to my dear friends and went towards Morgantown. Stopped at BB's and loaded up on mayonnaise and salsa, etc. Went with Karen and Jonathan to pick up her order at an Amish store. It was so good to see them and Jonathan helped me shop with his little cart and put some things in that he wanted. Karen says he has me wrapped around his little finger and I said, 'Just once in awhile, whenever I see him.' Something like that. Had lunch with Mom and Dad and looked through old pictures and took pictures of some old pictures. Left there around 2 and headed to Diane H's. Caleb's girl came over to meet me. She's sweet. Diane took me out to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. Came home and took a hot Jacuzzi bath. Slept well.

Wed.-Had coffee with Di and Zach and left around 11. It is hard to leave her. We see each other once or twice a year and don't communicate much in between but it seems to work for us. I stopped at Cabela's and used some points to buy camo lounge pants for Suz. I drank coke this time. It seems to help me stay awake. I had a scary half hour as I drove through Luray. There was thick smoke hanging over the mountains and the road and it was a sunny day but there was no sun. I called Phil and asked him to check into it and as soon as I got to Harrisonburg and out of the smoke, I stopped at a Sheetz. They told me that a wildfire has been burning out of control in the Shenandoah State Park and 5-6,000 acres were already burned. No structures so far have burned and no one hurt. There are 15 fires burning in Va. at this time. Got home around 8. Phil helped me unload. A hot Epsom salt bath never felt so good.

Thurs.-Unpacked. Washed clothes. caught up with Susan. Alli took me to the dentist since I had to be be drugged. Slept all day...

Fri.-and all night until 7 this morning. Phil slept on chair. He is coughing and has flulike symptoms. Running a fever. I am running a fever too-99.6. Rested most of the day. Alli and N came for a visit. We blew bubbles on the front porch out into the lawn and Davi did her best to attack them all even if it meant she rammed herself up against the house. N giggled and giggled. He sat on my lap and didn't want to leave. We missed each other terribly. :)

Sat.-Went out to Farmville with Alli and N and stopped at the bank, the yard sale at NL, and the Farmer's Market. N does not like bluegrass music. He held his ears while the band played at the market and he had a little scowl on his face. Decided to just rest with Phil in the afternoon.

Sun.-Something really good happened at church today. I think it's called unity. It was wonderful. Michael and Jessica were back from their honeymoon. So good to see them. They came over later and visited and told us about their Chattanooga adventures and later went fishing. Philip and some of their other friends came over in the eve and they went to the river to roast hot dogs and smores.

No comments: