Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Hertzler Doings~April 25-May 1, 2016

Mon.-Busy relaxing day at home finally starting to get back into the schedule of things. A friend of Susan's passed away today. Michael W. We are sad for his family. He was too young to die.

Tues.-Naomi called today. I miss her so much. I got some things done today and enjoyed riding around the gator several times. First, I went with Phil to watch him get watercress. It's actually a little too bitter to eat. But it was a fun little date in the middle of the day. We drove around and looked for tea in the meadow too. The meadow is yellow with buttercups. Susan mowed over at Happy Valley. No one sees it. I said I'd go over and take pictures and send them to Kathy. On the way back, I decided to go up the trail and look for Phil's phone he lost a long time ago. I felt I should go around to the right. When I did, and rounded the corner, I came upon a field of crimson clover, alive with buzzing bees and flitting butterflies. The sun was hitting the flowers just right and it looked like a living field of rubies. I was overwhelmed with the beauty and the gift from God. When I came back, I took Phil over, and he was blessed too. Philip had planted crimson clover for the deer to feast on. It will be gone long before hunting season but meanwhile, they have something to eat. So will the bear. Bears?
Phil is doing a bit better. Still coughs a lot. But he went out to Bedford and Lynchburg for a few hours. I called Kathy and we caught up a little. She had knee surgery and she and Tom are taking it easy. I want to drop everything and go be with them for a week.

Wed.-Went out to Farmville to help Jessica set up their house. I stayed until after lunch and then she worked a miracle and turned their house into a home. Ran errands. Chiropractor, Goodwill, Belk, Church, etc. Got to visit with dear Judy awhile. I love her. Phil called and said someone was here so I skipped Walmart and stopped quickly at the trading Post where a woman shared her testimony of a life of abuse and heartache, attempted suicide, and how God wrapped His arms around her and kept her alive and gave her grace to not only forgive a terrible person but to take care of them in their last years on earth. It was amazing, really. Got home to see somebody briefly, who is remaining a secret at this point due to reasons of surprise and then they went with Phil up to see Freeman and Alli and Nathan and later went out to be with Michael and Jessica. Minkey invited Alli and I up to Walkers Presbyterian for a Women's Bible Study. 15 women were there. Second time having it. Studying Max Lucado's book-Next Door Savior. I really enjoyed it. 6:30-8. So doable. And I don't have to drive home in the dark. And it's only 2 miles away.

Thurs.-It rained during the night and it's cooler. Our guest had breakfast with us and then left. Susan left to go to Richmond with Julie and Jenna, who spent the night last night, left for classes. I went out to the dentist to get a panoramic xray of my teeth. Also went to Salvation Army. The Old Rugged Cross was playing on the radio and the store manager, Karen, and a man who came in to shop, were both singing it too. It's been a week of wonderful God revelations-what with the beautiful field of gold (buttercups), the breathtaking hill of rubies (red clover), the testimony of the women who came back from the brink of death and despair, the Old Rugged Cross duet in Salvation Army, the many times today I heard myself being called, 'Honey, Dear, Sweetie,' today, visiting with the shop ladies at B & L and Country Charm...well, it was a good day. I was moving slow. Phil went to the Dr. yesterday and got put on an antibiotic for a sinus infection. He's feeling slow too. It's okay. We're being slow together. Oh, I bought 13 quarts of strawberries. Alli is getting about half of them to make jam. I made strawberry shortcake with homemade whipped cream tonight for supper. After we had dessert, I made delicious burgers with our beef with little slider rolls, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onion also, for me. Got to visit with Philip a little bit. I miss my kids! I found a book on Amazon about Speaking Spanglish on the Construction Site. Only it said it better than that. Phil ordered it because they work with Spanish speaking people. I'm about to take a hot bath and crawl between clean sheets.

Fri.-Froze 5 quart whole strawberries, planted herbs, tomatoes, and lettuce into containers and put on front porch, and made enough egg salad for 50 people. Had some good times with Suz. We watched Inception (again) and I finally got it but never ask me to explain it.

Sat.-Went to MWalker's funeral this morning. Church was full of people who loved him. Susan went to Jenna's afterwards and Phil and I went to Cumberland to pick up sweet corn seed at Hertzler's. Phil and Philip missed Christi's wedding at 4:30 due to a cow having birthing trouble. Philip stopped in to see Christi after the wedding and it meant a lot to Shirley that he came. Phil, Philip, and Freeman then headed up to Pa for trout fishing. Alli and I spent the evening together. I made icing with Nathan for her delicious homemade cake. We kind of watched 'Cars 2', She gave me supper and the cake was amazing. Michael and Jessica cleaned the bedroom and mancave and went out on a date in the eve with a gift card to Appleby's.

Sun.-Alli and Nathan picked me up for church. Michael and Jessica, Susan, Alli, and Nathan, and Tommy T. were here for pizza and a movie in the afternoon. Jenna came later and spent the night. She is so dear. Phil and the guys got home around 8. Thunderstorms during the night.

No comments: