Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Let

Webster's-'Let'-to allow, permit; to give opportunity for

Notice how Jesus has given us everything we need.
It is up to us to allow what He's given to have its place
in our lives.
~~~~~~~~~~~
1 Cor. 2:16b-"...But we have the mind of Christ."

Phil. 2:5-"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus...made Himself of no reputation...taking the form of a servant...humbled Himself unto death..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John 14:27-"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you;..."

Col. 3:15-"Let the peace of God rule in your hearts,..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deut. 30:14-"But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it."

Col. 3:16-"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rom. 8:35-"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?"

John 14:1-"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in me."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let His mind be in us. Allow it. Permit it to be so.
Let His peace rule. Allow it. Permit it to be so.
Let His word dwell in us. Allow it. Permit it to be so.
Let not our hearts be troubled. Allow it not. Permit it not to be so.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sat down early this morning to be Mary and my mind is Martha,
troubled, scattered, list-making, weary.

And I think of this little word-'let'-allow.

"Let (allow) My peace, My mind, My word, My untroubledness,
be in you, rule in you, dwell in you."

Help me Jesus,
to choose the better part;
To not only sit at Your feet like Mary
but to have my mind be Yours as well.

In this busyness that comes with the celebration
of Your birth,
help me not to forget that You came,
not for a visit,
but to make Your home in our hearts.

Oh, please, be at home in my heart.

No comments: