Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hertzler Doings-July 16-22,2012

Mon.-so sleepy. Lucy had me up several times during the night and then I couldn't get back to sleep. Joshua 23:14-"Behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth. And you know in all your hearts and in all your souls that not one thing has failed of all the good things which the LORD your God spoke concerning you. All have come to pass for you; not one word of them has failed." Wow.Began working on CS workbook so I could be slightly ahead of the others and help lead. Was reading John 1:3 where it says that all things were made through Him-all things include Me. I was made through Him who is the Word who is God who is Life, the light of men, shining in darkness. We focus on the wrong things about ourselves. Worked around here and in the eve. Mike and I went over to Alli's and watched Robin Hood. Well-done.

Tues.-Mike and I took two vehicles out to Appomattox to get worked on. Came back in the car. Got groceries and gas. Went to Dr. F. Made a cake and a roast and did some paperwork and housework. Went out to Macado's in eve. to celebrate friendship with several other dear friends. Walked to Sweet Frog and had fun being college girls sitting around visiting our new/old friend . Got home near 11 and am too wound up to sleep. Happiness abounds.

Wed.-Michael and I worked around home/farm. Went to pick up 5 girls at the Girls Retreat. Brought Jenny to our house until youth group in eve. They were so tired. Guys got home around 9. Have been working on a roof in Pa.

Thurs.-Freeman brought over boxes of nectarines, peaches, plums, and cherries. Thank you Weaver's Orchard. I cut up 16 cups of mostly peaches and have them ready to make jam tomorrow. Oliver, our turkey, likes to hang out with Angel during the day. He follows Michael around if he sees him. Lucy chases him but so far we've got her in time. I'm not sure what she would do if she caught him. Weather is hot and dry. Lord, send the rain.

Fri.-Took Lucy out to Appomattox to get her shots. Susan and I went to Baine's and sent some pictures to a sibling. Visited Millie and got lots of clothes at her store. She's running a half off sale early August. Went to Krogers and to a roadside market and back to Lucy. Cleaned the house and made peach jelly. Had our first Cleansing Stream meeting at our house. Susan took care of the two little cowboys. There were four couples including us and it was so good to hear the teaching about 'Walking in the Spirit.' We sat around and visited for awhile afterwards. Michael said later, "It's so good to have people here." I need to have company more often.

Sat.-Neck and back are hurting badly today. Sara called and let me know how she is. She gave us a scare yesterday. Michelle caught us up on her fine evening. Talked with Lindsay today. Sent my brother some information. Talked with Steve Fisher. He called from the mountains of Zambia. Nephew Jordan and friends came this afternoon and the guys took them over to the pond to fish. I made some cookies for a snack. Angel(old german shepherd dog) and Oliver are inseparable. When I go outside, they both follow me. Several months ago, Philip found a nest of turkey eggs. A bit later, Phil found a nest of turkey eggs on his tractor. They incubated the eggs and we had lots of baby turkeys. Recently we released them to the wild. Ollie has decided to stay. Philip even petted him yesterday. I come so close. Ollie says, "Turk,turk,turk..." in his high unchanged voice. I find the familiar fear of attachment rising up. I know it will be a miracle if he lasts around here. But, today, as he ran beside me on my walk, I thought, 'I am just going to enjoy him now. I'm going to be thankful that we get to experience his growing nearer to us this day.' And it helped me. 'Fear of loss' is something I need to replace with the 'joy of having at this moment.'
The weather was almost fall-like today. Please Lord, send the rain that the clouds and winds are promising.
Philip brought back little ducklings from Pa. He's going to start raising them. He just incubated/hatched a 'litter' of chicken eggs. They're so cute too. The ducklings are so adorable. They almost are too cute to be real. They are soft and downy and perfect. Susan brought one into me. I was resting in bed. As soon as I gave it back, it 'went' in her hands. Oh crap, she said. Which reminds me. Nate and Daniel came with their three children this morning to buy two little pigs. Little girl had been bugging her daddy for a pig ever since Mommy read her Charlotte's Web. Danielle knocked on the door and surprised me this morning while I was still in my housecoat. She is so cheerful and pleasant that I just wanted to keep her all day. I'd like to get a knock like that every morning. While she was in the house, Philip came in for the paper towels. Littlest One had decided to use the 'outside bathroom.' Poor daddy had to clean it up without mom's help. When they got home, one little piggy ran away. They called Philip, worried. He said, "It will come back. He doesn't like to be alone." Little kids were crying in the background. Sure enough,they called later. Philip was right. What a relief to poor mommy who was supposed to keep the little piggy from running away.

Sunday-Day of Rest.

No comments: