Monday, July 16, 2012

Hertzler Doings-July 9-15,2012

Mon.-Jer. 31:2-'Thus says the LORD, "The people who survived the sword found grace in the wilderness-Israel, when I went to give him rest."' Took Susan over to Karen G.'s to 'interview' for guitar/voice lessons. While we were there, we experienced a tornado/hurricane-like storm. We thought we'd have to go to the basement. Our corn would have been knocked flat, but thank God, when we traveled homeward, we found just a gentle rain rapping on our windowpanes and cornfields. Alli came over to fax something and stayed for lunch and some Monk. I had just been wishing she'd come over.

Tues.-Jer. 32:33-"And they have turned to Me the back, and not the face; though I taught them, rising up early and teaching them, yet they have not listened to receive instruction." Worked on homeschool plans. Went out to town and ran errands. Dianna treated me to a light coffee caramel cold drink at Barnes and Nobles. Later, I met the KNIT group at Sweet Frog where Danielle treated us for writing up 1000 thanks. Hiked on High Bridge trail with Danielle, Mel, and Ginger(not Davis.)
Brainstormed today about writing e-book 30 day devotionals.

Wed.-Joshua 21:45-"Not a word failed of any good thing which the LORD had spoken to the house of Israel. All came to pass." Susan and I went Goodwill shopping in Lynchburg. Met Jenny at Ross. Susan found a classic black dress for Girls Retreat Banquet. Picked up Lucy at vets. Took girls to youth group. Susan spending the night at Lapps.

Thur.-Got lost on my way to Fredericksburg to see Lindsay at Mia's. She talked me through the many Courthouse Rds. Spent a lovely 6 hours with her, eating out, shopping, drinking coffee, checking out pinterest, etc. Picked up Susan at Jenny's on the way home.

Fri.-Bob M., our neighbor called, and invited me over to get produce-tomatoes, squash, and cantaloupe. Asked me to drop some melons off at other neighbors. Had a nice visit with them and then took them down the other neighbors lane to see the progress in the old house. Every time I leave Bob M.'s residence, I think, 'That is a truly godly man.' And I always want to weep. I've been away 3 days straight and have alot to catch up on. Mike is running errands for Phil and hanging out with friends. Susan and I went to Lapps for the eve. for a youth social. Played volleyball, had ice cream Sundae's and watched the kids do the slippery slide. I haven't been that entertained for a long time. The boys kept adding difficulty to their maneuvers. I did intervene at one time and said, "Don't do that!" And they stopped right away.

Sat.-Phil, Philip, and Freeman got home from Pa early this morning. They're working on a Conklin roofing project in Pottstown. Mike and Susan were playing piano songs on Mike's new ipad. Guys and Uncle Tom were working on the Harvestor. Emotional Day. Sorrow and excitement all in one gulping of both cups day. Canned 8 pt of salsa and 3 qt of tomato juice. Made bruschetta from yellow tomatoes.

Sun.-Left church early due to next weeks work schedule. Michael was with his buddies all day. Susan and Jenny left with some others to go to Girl's retreat until Wed. Alli over to watch movies and eat popcorn and s'mores. She talked Ollie, the wild tame turkey, up into the porch tree to roost for the night. Alli fell asleep on our sofa and I wanted to tuck her in and keep her here.

(Wrote entire week diary in one sitting this Monday after Sunday. That doesn't work too well, but I had left my computer in the car when I was with Lindsay and it stopped working. Michael took out the battery pack a few days later, put it back in, and it started working again. I had to kiss his dear grinning face.)Can it be that I actually feel lost without my keyboard and laptop? What is the world coming to?

No comments: