Monday, July 2, 2012

Hertzler Doings-July 2-8, 2012

Mon.-Great day. Freeman was born 28 years ago and his sweet wife came over to help us get ready for his birthday supper. Then we watched a movie she got him for his birthday-Sherlock Holmes. I cooked ribs in the crock pot and Freeman grilled them when he got home. We had belated (I put them in too late) oven fries and cut up vegetables plus a carrot cake and vanilla ice cream to make us completely stuffed in honor of his day. Susan and I went over to Happy Valley to check out things and a tree had lost a huge branch from its ancient arms. Susan took pictures of the water and sunset and then we went over to O'Brien's to see how things were over there. Phil went to the Loy's with Dave P. to see about a project they have on their house. I think the boys went to bed early. Michael had put in 12 hours at Rich's today. Last night, after Phil was already in bed, a song came out of the blue from my mouth, loudly and with great conviction, and I listened to myself singing, and felt greater faith than I had for some time. I wondered, "Why don't I trust Him more?" as I heard, "Beautiful...Beautiful...Jesus is beautiful. And Jesus makes beautiful things of my life...Carefully, touching me...causing my eyes to see...that Jesus makes beautiful things of my life. Wonderful...wonderful...Jesus is wonderful..."
I am thankful for the conversation on the phone I had with Lindsay and then with such a very grown up Little Emma. I am thankful for communication and trust. I am thankful that God sees beyond the urgent need and wants to deal with the long standing need that caused the urgent need. God is deep and wants to heal us deeply.I am so thankful that He is not a frivolous God. He 'frivles' nothing away. He uses everything. He is thrifty and extravagant.

Tues.-Overslept and suddenly had to rush to Farmville to meet a FB friend ;) for lunch. Susan and Kelly had a few hours together while I visited and ran errands. They ate Japanese and swam at the pool and saw Madea. My car has a problem with the starter and it almost didn't start when I went to leave Walmart. After over a dozen tries, it reluctantly yielded to my desperate prayers. Thank you God. And we need a newer vehicle. Ours is ten years old and we've worn it out. Came home and quickly put things away and fed and watered animals and got supper ready. A storm was brewing and the lights were flickering. Used our electricity while we had it to make pizzas from large french bread. The guys will love it topped with turkey kelbasi, onions, cheese, and ripe olives. Susan and I made some fun plans to surprise a friend of hers in a few weeks. Hopefully, her friends' very excited mother will be able to keep it a secret. Angel was driving me a little crazy because she insisted on coming into the house. She has become a big baby when it comes to storms. It wouldn't be so bad but she wants to follow me around wherever I go and it is especially inconvenient when I am in whiz mode, putting away groceries, washing dishes, and making supper as fast as I can. Meanwhile,Lucy had to keep jumping up at Angel's face and Angel growled with intolerant patience. I am thankful that we kept our electricity. Also for happy plans to go surprise a friend a few states away for her birthday coming up. I am so thankful that He is our Redeemer.

Wed.-Prov. 28:14-"Happy is the man who is always reverent, But he who hardens his heart will fall into calamity." And Prov. 29:1-"He who is often rebuked, and hardens his neck, will suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy." Please Jesus, help us not to harden our hearts. I think it is a hardened heart that can be most deceived. A tender, humble heart is teachable. Today we made plans to go away to see some friends. So excited for the end of July. Car didn't start at all today. Waiting to hear back from a mechanic in the neighborhood. Made more dill pickles and red beet eggs. Made a tray of hamburger toppings-onions, lettuce, and tomatoes-for the Timma party. Phil and Michael here today working on putting on new skid loader tracks and building a wall in the garage. The day went fast. Susan and I are working on eating healthier and drinking lots of water. Thankful for the song Susan sang for me for next year's pig roast. She wants to sing it for her dad. Made me cry and she said, "It's especially hard to sing when you are crying." Thankful for the nice time with the Timma's tonight. Too dry to do fireworks but that's ok. The fellowship was sweet. Thankful for the 'slight adjustments' in thinking that take me out of downward spirals.

Thurs.-Finished reading the underlined portions of Mother's Life Application NKJV Bible. I've been thinking about this verse for some time now and she had it underlined in Rev. 22:11-"He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; He who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still." Susan got her new camera in the mail today. She's going around taking pictures like a pro. She notices the little things. Phil walked into something dangling down from the petty bone and cracked his forehead open. The boys heard the sound. Philip looked at it and said, "We're going to need to get you some stitches." Phil said, "You've got to be kidding me." Michael took him in and he got 7 stitches right at his hair line. The guys met me at Bailey's on the way home from work. Our car needs a new starter.

Fri.-Phil and Philip went over to Tom's early in the morning and picked sweet corn for us to freeze. We didn't plant this year because our planter and sprayer were burned up in the barn fire. We also froze 2 gallons of Helen's green beans and she gave us lots of little beets. I forget what else we did this day. I'm behind the times. Oh, Phil took me out to get the car and I did some shopping. Michael had his buddies down to the river and Philip went to the Benson's for a fourth of July party on their pond with jet skis and slides. We watched More Monk in the eve. So nice to watch it without commercials.

Sat.-Leisurely morning waking up slow. Michael took Susan flying. They flew over our place threw times while I did a wild woman waving dance in the front yard. They flew over Peter's place where Phil was helping Peter roast a pig for this evenings party. Phil said, when he got home, that the word 'awesome' is overused. "But," he said, "that was awesome." Susan put her pics on our TV screen and her pics were awesome too. She got a little airsick and they opened the windows for her. She looked a little clammy all day but I am sure she would do it again. I filled out papers for next year for Susan's homeschool to send off to the school district. VA homeschool laws have lightened up. I used to have to explain why I thought I was qualified to teach my own children and then I had to make copies of the table of contents for every book/subject I was planning to teach. Now the fact that I have a diploma suffices. Plus I just list the subjects I am planning to teach. A friend shot himself in the leg accidently yesterday when a bit of his clothing caught onto the trigger as he was putting his pistol into his holster. Bullet went in one part of his calf and came out 7 inches lower. He's very fortunate but a little embarassed. We're relieved that he's going to be okay. Peter and Ilvana, originally from Czeck.., said that we inspired them with our pig roast. They are having one tonight. They are building a beautiful home in the neighborhood with their own hands and we went over there tonight to enjoy the coolness of their thick air conditioned walls, Philip's two pigs roasted to perfection, and other food and good company. Enjoyed a few Monk's. When one finished and it was getting late, one of us said, "Quick, turn it off, before another one comes on." I will say that I cannot watch the murders. The first minute of the story is crucial so I watch what I can and then look away. I can't get used to watching people get killed but I do love to see their murderers brought to justice.

Sun.-New beginnings today. Refreshing worship. A wise Word. Family of Christ interacting. Understanding. Healing. Hope. And lots of love for what was, what is, and what will be. Relaxing afternoon watching Monk. Saw on facebook warnings of severe thunderstorms in our area until 10 this eve. I'm filling the tub, coolers, buckets; doing some wash, and making baked oatmeal, just in case. Candles are ready. Animals fed and watered. Praying for rain. Lord, send the rain.

No comments: