Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hertzler Doings~April 1-7, 2013

Mon.-Catching up with house and suitcases. Susan's first softball practice with homeschoolers tonight. I helped with food. So did Sherry Fisher. Nice to be near her again. They had been up to Pa for her parents 50th.

Tues.-Susan to co-op. I ran many errands. Michelle M. came in the eve. to talk, walk, and give Susan softball pointers. Made a big difference for her.

Wed.-Playing catch up with everything. Susan and Philip went out to youth group. Migrated to new building in town. They went out to Appleby's afterwards to celebrate Whitney's 21st birthday with many friends.

Thurs.-Finally catching up on blog this eve. Susan mowed lane today. Studied some Algebra. Made peanut butter eggs-half size. Both went to Dr. F's. Hadn't been there since Jan. Michael came home to sleep and catch up. He went out to Richmond with some friends to celebrate Jordan's 22nd birthday at a Texan restaurant. Phil home all day working on spreading potash and also collected scrap metal. Went out to Farmville in eve. to get critter feed. Ollie or Hollie is back. Found out some friends of ours had a visit from her. Softball practice cancelled due to rain forecast. It is snowing, sleeting, and raining, and I am the only one home. Been losing a pound a day since I got home by juicing, eating salads, and walking. Want to get in shape for when we go to the shore and do all that walking. Want to get in shape so I can keep up with a 2 year old. I should have been training for a marathon. I didn't know how hard it is to carry a 2 year old up a flight of stairs! I miss him.

Fri.-Another day of playing catch-up. Washed clothes, cleaned off desk, made food, tidied house, etc. Talked with Karen and Jonathan this morning. She had emailed me. Jonathan was not himself this past Sunday and they asked him if he was sad. He said, "yes." "Why are you sad?" they asked. "Aunt Annette..." he said sadly. Now, every night, that little guy has added Susan, Lucy, Michael, and I, to his prayer list. I called to talk with him on the phone. He was coloring. She said he pressed the phone as hard as he could to his ear. She said that he's been talking about the picnic we had in the living room. I wasn't feeling well and laid down on the sofa. I put a towel on the floor and his supper on a plate on the towel and told him we were having a picnic. Looks like he bought it. Alli came over after work and we visited awhile and made plans to have her birthday lunch here on Sunday. Michael came home and later went out to eat with some friends at Appleby's. Philip had BUCK night with four other young men. Susan made cookies for them from bought cookie dough that Philip had gotten. Mickey and Mitch, our neighbors, came and visited in the eve. Susan and I went over to the other Hertzler's and borrowed an outfit from Michelle for the Nicholas Nickaby Play that Susan is in next weekend. I had borrowed some outfits from Mickey as well and when I went to carry them out, I scared the wits out of Lucy. She didn't know what kind of satin and lace was headed her way.///I'm thankful that I got to catch up with Lindsay today. I'm thankful for ideas and hopes and writing dreams that we share. I'm thankful for all the love in our home. I'm thankful that Ollie/Hollie seems content to be home. Perhaps she will have a nest before long.

Sat.-What a great day! Beautifully sunny and breezy outside. Had a nice breakfast with Phil, which he made for us. Eggs, sunny side up, and Ezekiel bread and coffee, and time to chat and catch up a bit. He and his machinery dug 48 large holes to hold a variety of 48 apple trees. Found a killdeer nest of four eggs. Later, the mother returned and sat on her eggs. It's right next to one of the holes Phil dug. Michael had a nice day flying and then went go-carting with the Warrens. Philip worked around the farm with his pigs and property. I took Susan to Appomattox for drama practice. Then I went to Salvation Army with an actual list and got everything on it! Plus some really nice cushy bedding to use when we have Hertzler sleepovers. Went to Walmart and was home before noon. Did wash all day, made chili and taco topping for Alli's birthday lunch tomorrow, plus made her an angel food cake as well and frosted it with Cool Whip icing. Planted lots of pansies and bluebells. Vacuumed the floor and washed it and cleaned the bathroom as well. Listened to sermons while I worked in the kitchen. Emptied garbage and burned trash. Philip came home and removed the gas can away from the fire. It could have ignited when I was burning trash. I never saw it and it was right by the fire. I burned the trash at a different place than normal.  The can was sealed and they decided to buy that kind of can from now on. Caught up with Janelle and Dianna a bit via phone. Kathy T. took Julie and Susan to the mall after practice and then brought them back here. I took Kathy for a farm tour. She liked the river and the chapel. Dr. T. was here to pick her up when we got back. Julie's spending the night and they left a car for her. Phil, Michael, Susan, and Julie, watched Ice Age-The Continental Divide, and later, I suppose, the girls will watch the movies they borrowed from Freeman and Alli.///Thankful that I am still in one piece. Thankful for the holy marvel of an apple seed. Thankful for the energy to do so many things today. Thankful for popcorn and a movie.

Sun.-It was good to be back at New Life again. Missed the past two Sundays. Loved seeing people again. Henry was full of hugs and kisses. Had a taco salad birthday lunch for Alli here. Angel food cake with Cool Whip icing, strawberries, and ice cream, and a Marx brothers movie in the afternoon. Julie here with Susan. Spent some time at the river. Phil and I walked to see the bluebells and watercress and had a long talk. Jordan over with Michael. Later M. went to Warren's. Philip went to Edge group at Hampton Sydney. ///Thankful for the beautiful day. Thankful that God will bring us 'David.' Thankful for friends who missed me. Thankful for Michael's hug when he said good-bye. "I love you mommy. You're a good mommy."

No comments: