Monday, August 26, 2013

Hertzler Doings~Aug. 26-Sept.1, 2013

Mon.-I kind of took my Sabbath Rest today. Philip and Tommy were working around here and Happy Valley. Susan went out to town and enjoyed volleyball practice and grocery shopping and dropped off Lindsay's box at the Post Office. Michael is out late at Liberty. Davi adores Susan and sits outside her bedroom door looking expectantly at the door knob. Oh-Helen brought Tommy over this morning and we enjoyed a cup of tea out on the front porch. I was wrapped in my big white terry cloth robe. How lovely to catch up a bit. There is a big bull who seems injured in our meadow. He may be roast beef next week. Poor thing.

Tues.-Living in the land of new motherhood. Half dazed from lack of sleep and shoulder and hip still in so much pain from holding puppy on 12 hour trip home from Fl. Highlight of today-a nice long catch up talk with Deb Lahr.

Wed.-Tom T. died this morning after a long battle with cancer. He played on the worship band at Hopewell with Phil and Paul for many years. Phil is very sad about this. Hopes to have Michael fly him up for the funeral.
Tonight I went to Micah's cat's funeral. Janelle, Micah, John, and Jeanne were also there. Buddy let his presence be known. We sat outside on chairs Janelle read a poem about Rainbow Bridge and we shared stories about Necko. Then we wrote things on the stones that were on top of the dirt on top of his remains. I wrote, "I wish I had known you, Necko. You were one smart cat. Aunt Annette" Micah had Janelle write, "I wish I had played with you more." He said 'group hug' when I was hugging Janelle good bye. He hugged us both hard. It was really a difficult experience for him, to lose that cat. And I sobbed the whole way home.

Thurs.-Phil took Davi to work with him and Susan and I left the house around 11 and got back after 8. Had a wonderful day of shopping in Lynchburg. The Abbott blessed Davi by wearing his special garments, praying for her, and sprinkling her with holy water.

Fri.-Feel better. Davi slept until 4 and then I slept longer until 7. Canned 16 pint of salsa. Went for physical therapy. Feel much better. Shoulder, hip, neck are back in place. Stopped in to see Catherine on the way home and had a nice visit with her. Made tortillas for supper. Philip went to see little Elizabeth Brooke-Joel and Ashley's baby girl.  Michael and Sara had a date down at the river. He is making her a special supper. Susan is super cleaning her room and getting rid of lots of things. Phil got his tractor ready for tomorrow. Davi is anxious today and we are not sure what is wrong. Her one ear is flopping. They used to both stand straight up. Not sure when this happened but the other day, she walked between my legs and I caught her head between my knees as they passed each other and I said, "It's a wonder I didn't just break her neck." Maybe that's when her ear was hurt. She doesn't seem quite as sure of herself with her one ear down and her one ear up but she is so cute.
In the news-Syria. And I keep thinking of the verse in Amos 6:1-"Woe to them that are at ease in Zion." There's more to it of course. Thinking they have it together and that all is well.
Also, I posted over 270 blogs on face book. Probably two a day for the past 135 days? Now, I want to download them all into a chip and take it to the print shop. Then I'll go through the 'book' and pick out favorite devotionals to make a real book of some kind. So help me God, if this is Your idea.
Oh, big brother Abe called today and talked a little business but first he asked me how my puppy was. I guess that means he was tracking me on Abby's face book page or else checking out my blog. It's nice to know he cares.

Sat.-It was a nice day. Davi slept until 4 again and then slept until 6. Starting to feel human again. Saw Freeman pulling in around 6:30 and when I went out he lifted his arms in victory. He had been over at the other farm less than 10 min. before he shot a bear. He did that the last time too. Officer H. came over to check it and gave us a few more tags for crop damage. Janelle and Micah and I hiked to the river. I walked. They hiked with walking sticks and heavy back packs, getting ready for the trip to the Grand Canyon in 5 weeks. They have to hike 7 miles down and 10 miles back up. They're going with Naomi and Mim and will stay down at the bottom for a night/day/night before hiking out the next day. Phil worked on harvesting corn most of the day but had lots of trouble. So much grass had grown up between the stalks. Tom and Tommy came over to help them. Philip went bear hunting in the eve. after working at cleaning up the barn for most of the day. Michael went to spend the eve. with Sarah. Susan helped Philip castrate some little piggies and super cleaned her room for most of the day. I did some cleaning too. Susan and I watched part of a movie in the eve. and then we all hit the sack early.

Sun.-Good things happened today. Good talks in the morning with my children. Good service. Good fellowship. Good worship. Good rest. Good ride to the river with Davi. Good visit with Steve and Diana. Good fun with Lindsay on face book.
Philip had a great day floating and fishing down/on the James River with some friends from New Covenant Church. Michael spent the day with Sarah and Susan took the truck out and watched the fireworks sitting on a futon mattress on the back with Julie and Colton. Rained before and after the fireworks.

No comments: