Monday, September 2, 2013

Hertzler Doings~Sept 2-8, 2013

Mon.-Planned school day schedule with Susan. She had a headache that increased into a full migraine complete with nausea. Rested most of the day and then slept when it got better. Was able to join the family for supper. Freeman made pig and bear ribs. Delicious. Phil home chopping corn. Weeds complicating things. Bear damaged over half of corn. Mitch and Mickey were here before supper. Brought us an apple cheddar cheese pie which we ate with ice cream after supper. Mitch just hugs and hugs Phil. It's pretty precious.

Tues.-Susan's first official day of school. And I planned and created a curriculum for a full credit of speech/communication/leadership, using Dale Carnegie's, Zig Ziglar's, Great Teacher's DVD's, and 'Secrets of Great Communicators.' I'm excited because I want to do it with her. Next year she'll be doing writing and research. Perhaps a blog on nutrition. Thesis. Book. We shall see. Phil here working on books all day and working on silage at night. Philip out to shoot a bear after work. Susan to volleyball practice and a movie with some friends. Michael to Chace's to study and use the internet. Finished up writing special checks today thanks to Mother. It's so much fun, I want to do it more often. I am sure God will provide.

Wed.-Visited with Helen. Saw girls painting projects-clothespins and rocks. Micah was playing happily on the floor building a castle with blocks. Interesting. He likes to build buildings with his ipad too. Michael had wisdom tooth trouble. Canned 6 Quart tomato sauce. Guys home early from a new project. Philip went hiking for miles. Phil went bear hunting. Susan went to the chiropractor and to volleyball practice.
Davi is getting on my nerves. I net to set aside time to just play with her and give her attention. She demands it by walking right in front of me and around my ankles and nipping my toes. I am not a patient person and I am sorry.

Thurs.-Big day. Went shopping in Appomattox and met DDF at Baines for a rice and bean wrap. Came home and put things away and then went to Farmville to meet a friend, get a haircut, and go to the chiro. Which I never did because I would have had to wait for an hour. Went to Goodwill and found two new shirts from Gap for Michael. Plus some books of course. Went to Susan's first volleyball game. They did well but didn't win. Susan is an aggressive player. She's not afraid to get down, dive, or spike. Can't believe she's only been playing for 2 weeks. Melissa M. is a really good coach and the team of girls are really nice. It's fun to see people again. Sat with Amy and Jenny and Michael and Sarah came over and joined us. Jenny is doing a beautiful job decorating the church. It's a good thing I'm not in charge. Went shopping afterwards at Walmart. Susan went out with Julie and two of their friends. Phil and guys spent the night in Fredericksburg because they're working on a military job. Davi did not let me have as much sleep as I would have liked.

Fri.-Made tortilla bean/bear/salsa mix, monster cookies, rice, roasted broccoli and cauliflower, and bok choy and spinach with garlic. Froze it. Did some packing. Susan and I are hoping to head for the beach tomorrow. She mowed both places. Davi was outside with me to catch some rays but she begged to come back in. I wonder if being all black makes her get hotter quicker. She enjoys riding on the gator out the lane to get the mail. Michael has school. Guys will be home before long. Syria and America's involvement in the crisis over there is in the news. I wonder what it is all about. Micah was with Judy today and she took him to Grandparents Day at New Life. He has been talking a lot to her and standing shoulder to shoulder with her in the kitchen. I think he likes her size and I think he likes her responses to him. She'll be taking care of him next week. She said that she asked him to get Dane out of his crib and he did and had a big grin on his face.

Sat.-Phil and Susan checked out a family hunting camp about 3 hours east of  us. Susan drove there. Left around 5:30. On the way home, she discovered hundreds of seed ticks had made a home under her jeans. Phil stopped at a pharmacy for tweezers, tape, and nail polish. They got home after picking up frozen meat and another errand and an hour later, she and I were on the road to the Outer Banks. Philip won a beach house for a week at the Abbey Sports raffle. Got here after 9 in the dark and couldn't tell how far away we were from the beach.

Sun.-Enjoyed the hot tub this morning. Drove to the beach. It's just a little over 1/10th of a mile away. Came back. Susan and I lazed around and then went to the beach for several hours. Came back. Rested. Got in the pool and went shopping about 10 miles South. One store has everything 50% off. Got Susan two hoodies, sweatpants, and a swim suit. The guys-Tommy T., Chace and Erik, Jordan and Philip, arrived soon after 6. It was so much fun showing them our house! Ate supper of hot dogs and baked beans and Tommy's pumpkin whoopee pies. Then we went to the beach. They played volleyball in a circle and then went into the waves. PJ came jogging down the beach soon afterwards. They are just a mile and a half away. Staff has a working retreat. Played some sort of Frisbee until it was too dark to see. The crescent moon is out with Venus, I think, by his side. Walked back to the house. The guys showered outside and ran off to the hot tub while Susan and I made ourselves scarce. They are playing a game around the table and I am thinking about hitting the sack but it is kind of noisy above my head.

No comments: