Tuesday, September 24, 2013

"WHO"-a Birthday poem for Susan written by my mother

Susan had this poem stored amongst her precious things and asked if I'd keep it for her. I have her permission to blog it. There is no date on it so we are not sure how old Susan was when my mother wrote it for her. How well she describes my lovely daughter.

WHO

Whose lively spirit looks out at you
    From shining eyes of liquid blue?

Who likes to cook creatively
   And makes choice treats for her family?

Who likes critters that squiggle and squirm,
   And even finds pleasure in the lowly worm?

Who likes to play with beads and strings
    And makes so many beautiful things?

Who attracts friends in her own special way
Like honey draws bees on a sunshiney day?

Who, then, can make an ordinary day shine
Just by placing her warm hand in mine?

Whose life has a purpose for many great things
Given to her by her great King of Kings?

Who adds to our lives her unique, special touch?
Why, it's Susan, the one that we all love so much!

Happy Birthday, honey.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What a precious poem to read about my precious daughter
written by my precious mama.

No comments: