Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hertzler Doings~Oct. 14-20, 2013

Mon.-Canned 16 quarts of applesauce. Tidied up the house after the party and all the dirt tracked in.

Tues.-Washed 4,5 loads of camo in no-scent spray and 5 loads of other wash and Susan washed several loads too. But the big news is this. I went with Alli to the Dr. and we heard the baby's heart beat and saw it's little peanut sized body. 1 centimeter long! I was told I could tell a few people because they were going to let it out and before I knew it, there was a regular party going on right out loud on face book. It was wonderful. Is wonderful. I keep getting bleeps. Saw Shippey's and Kathy tonight several times. Printing out their tickets here. Kathy gave us a memory foam double mattress and we'll cut it in half for two twin beds. Susan went out to voice lessons and groceries. We're heading out early tomorrow for dental surgery for me.

Wed.-Dental surgery. Those people are so fine. Susan met someone at whole foods in the parking lot and bought a camera lens she found on Craig's List. Professional photography-he and his wife. She bought groceries while I slept and put ice on my lower jaw-both sides. Also went to Trader Joe's. Came home. I went to bed and she brought in groceries and put refrigerated things away and went out to basketball try-outs and youth. I've been sleeping. Delightful to sleep and sleep. Got my pain under control by using other pain meds inside the 6 hours I have to wait for the good stuff. Icing all the time and need to for the next 48 hours. People are still writing on face book about the baby. I realize that people are hungry for good news. I got over 100 likes for the combine date with Phil and it was really a simple little thing. But people are hungry for simple little happy things. And the joy of hearing our new baby's heartbeat-people are so happy for us-for Alli, Freeman, and the Streams. We are good news deficient and I think I want to post about happy times even as I post warning blogs about hard times ahead.

Thurs.-sleeping,sleeping, sleeping. Susan organizing food from Whole Foods. Had an away volleyball game in Richmond. Explained shirt word misunderstanding to I.E.

Fri.-sleeping. Susan cleaning.

Sat.-Finally awake. Tidied up a little bit. Did some wash. Watched some Monk, knitted, and worked in between. Susan extra sleepy. Michael at a wedding in NC since yesterday. Philip building Freeman's roof with David and Jimmy. Phil working around the farm and going hunting for bear this eve. We're headed to bed early tonight.

Sun.-Stayed home from church. Drank coffee for the first time in almost a week and couldn't settle down. Phil, Philip, and Freeman went to men's prayer breakfast. Freeman spoke. Surprise to Phil and Philip. Susan got a red box movie after church and came home to share the afternoon with me. Rested and watched movies all afternoon. Some with Philip. Phil went to see Dennis after church. He's sitting up in a chair and has some use of his hands. Wonderful news. Michael went to see Sarah in afternoon. Running out of pain meds and still need them as soon as I can have them. I guess I'll call if I'm still on 10 out of 10 pain scale after 5 hours and the help of aleve in between. Hope everything is okay. Left side is fine. It's the right side that's doing me in. Can't really talk much. Don't talk on the phone. Can do a little work. Mostly rest and ice. Enough about me. So glad the worst is over. At least, I hope it is.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Ugh! So sorry to hear about your dental surgery. I commiserate, having had my share...

As for good news: Yes. People are hungry for happy, joyful news. For fun, beauty, and positive things. So keep sharing. (That's why I share so many flower pictures on Facebook, and funny clips of cats and such. I've dubbed it the Ministry of Happiness and you can join me in being a full time Minister, ministering to people's needs for joy and beauty in this dark world!)

Jeanne said...

Sorry to hear about your dental surgery! I've had my share and I commiserate. Hope you feel better soon. But don't wait to call the doctor if it doesn't feel better; could be something going on.

I know exactly what you mean about people craving happy news. That's why I share a lot of silliness on Facebook. I call it my Ministry of Happiness, and would be delighted if you would join me in being a "minister" dedicated to sharing beauty, fun and joy...because people are truly starved for it today.

Feel better!