Thursday, October 10, 2013

Hertzler Doings~Oct. 7-13, 2013

Mon.-Started Shred Diet. Lots to eat. Need to do cardio but can't with a sprained foot.

Tues.-New dishwasher and time in the eve. with Jeff and Karalee over at Martins!

Wed.-Phil combining the corn. Guys working on Freeman's house until noon. Rain. Lunch with Jeff and Karalee. Made applesauce and watched dog training DVD in the afternoon after feeding Janelle and Micah's fish. Made 8 quarts with 3 kettles of apples. Bought 2 bushels from Meredith. Dan and Kelli called in eve and got key for Happy Valley. They're here for a week. Philip and Susan at youth group. I decided to stay home since tomorrow is a big day and I thought Phil was working on combine and I don't like anyone to be running any kind equipment without someone else around on the farm. Phil actually went looking for corn crop criminals down at the low grounds. It's pitch black and he's not back yet. Shippey's needed key to gate and it turns out that this is why I felt I needed to stay home tonight. They wouldn't have gotten through to anyone if I wasn't home. And they wouldn't have been able to get into their property.

Thurs.-Busy day. Went to muscle therapist in afternoon; then to Walmart, Miller's, Judy's, then home. Susan's volleyball game was cancelled after they waited for an hour. She went out to Cook Out with a few friends. Watched a guitar DVD in the eve. Beautiful music. Michael's bday gift to Phil. Bought peanut M&M's to give to Sarah when she cuts my hair for the first time. She didn't want me to pay her. Just wanted a hug. Rain. Rain. Rain. Hoodie and tea weather. I am loving it. Philip went to worship practice tonight. He will be playing the next two Sunday's. They won't plug him in to help him get out of the jitters and he's so happy about that!
Today is Abie Schneck's fifth birthday in heaven. He would have been 28 here on earth. My sister's dear son.

Fri.-How fortunate that our friend, Kelly, is sleeping in her ancestor's home next door. She is a chiropractor practicing in California, and came over to pop Alli's ribs back in place. Alli was coughing so hard she dislocated her ribs. Susan and I headed to Lynchburg and got hunting clothes for her at Ollies and then to a specialty shop we went to buy running shoes. Phil called me while he was unloading corn from the combine and invited me to ride around with him for awhile. I put on my shoes, took the chicken out of the oven to cool, and climbed up the ladder to join him. Little rabbits ran everywhere to escape us. The swamp was eerily beautiful in its fall showing of lavenders, browns, oranges, yellows, and greens. Philip had Buck night tonight here. Susan went to homecoming alumni vs. present volleyball team/game, Michael spent the eve. with Sarah, Phil is still working the corn, and I made caramel corn for Philip's birthday party on Sunday.

Sat.-Did some housework, yard work, cooking, resting my foot, and watched a movie this eve. with Susan and Phil. Philip and Michael are with the guys for supper/eve. Erik and Travis are here for Heather and Jack's wedding. Susan, Alli, and Freeman went. Beautiful wedding. Miserable weather. But she had a great time. Needed to get ready for Philip's party plus stay off my foot as much as possible so I opted not to go. It was nice to see the Warren's today. Stopped in for a few minutes to share our bounty on their way to the dollar theatre. I love that family. Almost finished a scarf I started about 2 years ago or was it just last year. Just in time for this cooler weather.
Got 90 likes on face book about riding the combine with Phil status.

Sun.-Great Day. Church. Money Talk. Challenged. Friends. Afternoon Birthday party for Philip. At least 30 kids here I think. Philip made chili over a propane heater under the porch roof. Sour cream and cheddar cheese as toppings. Caramel corn for dessert. Mostly rained. Played volleyball, video games in man cave, and cards in the house. Got to hold Joel and Ashley's little baby. Erik and April were here. Philip prayed for them before they left and she sang, "Jesus loves me" in her head while he prayed so she couldn't hear him and then cry. So I cried for us both. Let me see if I can remember who all came. Joel, Ashley, Elizabeth, Erik, April, Jordan, Sarah, Gavin, Andrew, Kayla, Jacob, the Martin boys, Whitney, Cynthia, Steve, Ben, Freeman, Alli, Shippey's, Lucas's, Danny, Ben E., Isaac, Austin, Tommy T., and I'm sure I'm missing some. Plus Michael and Susan and Phil and I. Great party.

No comments: