Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Hertzler Doings~June 9-14, 2014

Mon.-Held Nathan. Went to homeschool soft ball.

Tues.-Primed Susan's room. Judy (and Sammy Jo) helped paint it a beautiful turquoise and Susan helped when she came home from work. After supper, I drove down and held Nathaniel for about half an hour and fed him his bottle. He giggled and smiled in his sleep. Freeman said it was gas but I think he was having sweet dreams. In about half an hour, Nathan will be one week old. I wrote him a little song yesterday as I held him. It has a cute tune and the words came with it.

"What are you doin? Where are you goin'? What are you thinkin' Today, Today.
How 'bout some huggin'? How 'bout some kissin'? How 'bout some lovin' today."

When I held him tonight he looked at me and said, "Oh, there you are." And he looked at me for awhile, drank his bottle, and went back to sleep. I am thoroughly and entirely in love.

Wed.-Went with Alli to the pediatrician. Nathan gained back the 10 oz he had lost and gained almost another pound. She said that normal weight gain is an ounce a day. Yay for Mother's Milk. Came back and held him for awhile and then came home and cleaned up, did some jobs, picked green beans, wrote some checks, and then met Susan in Appomattox around 2. We took my car and went shopping-Ollies, Rugged Wearhouse, Penney's, TJMax, Old Navy, and Sam's Club-where we got the paper goods for the pig roast and some food for when the Banton's are here! Came home. Put things away. And it's already time for bed. Shopped till we dropped. Last night there was such a wild storm around 2:30-3. Constant lightning made the phone ring and high winds and rain and thunder just added to the excitement. Some folks nearby had hail. This eve. there were more storms and some folks in Farmville have been without power for over 3 hours. Forgot to say earlier that Lucy has a male friend with her. They've been getting acquainted for the last few days. We're hoping for some puppies before long.

Thurs.-Busy day-cooking, cleaning, washing clothes, and holding Nathaniel! Went to homeschool ball in the eve. Susan went to the gym and then the Babcock House and then mowed at Happy Valley. She got to hold Nathan for a minute or two just before they left. Diane Horan sent a card in the mail and enclosed the very photo I had been looking for this week. One of Susan when she was a baby and I was holding her. Susan looked at it and said, "You look like you're in love." "I AM in love," I replied. Phil bought me two dahlias. They were on the table when I got home. Red ones. And I had been looking for a red flower every time I've been out the last week or two. A photo. A flower. A snoring baby. Such blessings from God my Father.

Fri.-Cleaned back porch. Went over to be with Alli and Nathaniel for a few hours. Took a good nap with Nathan on the sofa. Ran to Farmville and did banking for Phil, bought chicken pellets, stopped in at Judy's. went to Food Lion and Walmart. Finished now with buying things for pig roast and Banton visit. Came back. Em, Jonathan, Wendy, and Jr. were here with Philip and Michael playing with loud banging things. Ankle and foot is really hurting. Philip went to Tommy's ball game. Susan was with Julie. Cute picture of Freeman and Nathan on fb. Both looked completely content.

Sat.-Cleaned up our bedroom. Made food. Went to Dennis and he worked on my foot, ankle, right side, and vertigo. Much better. Talked with Naomi and Judy. Dusted, vacuumed, washed floors. Swept out cottage. Rode around in gator with Davi. Susan took Lucy's boyfriend back home. We shall see.... She also cleaned her room and worked at Happy Valley and then went to Philip's first ball game. They won 16-1. Phil's been doing farm work all day. Michael and Philip were helping him. Special treat to come home from physical therapy and have Alli, Freeman, and Nathan here. They got here soon after I left. So, I got in a few minutes of lovin' the lad. Alli and Freeman post pictures of him on face book and I always say, "I miss him." Even though I just saw him. And I do. I do miss him. Even though I just saw him. I must be in love.

No comments: