Monday, July 28, 2014

Hertzler Doings~July 28-Aug. 3, 1014

Mon.-Susan left for MK's today and got there around 6:00. Drove the whole way there by herself. Lucy was forlorn and laid on top of her suitcase and sighed. We had some corn orders to fill today. I went out to Appomattox and got a crown for my implant and did it without meds. Felt a little woozy afterwards and sat out on their porch before driving. Got more jars at Salvation Army and Walmart. Found a Cato jean skirt at SA too and I had been looking at them at Cato's. Took Alli over to see her daddy painting windows at HV. Nathan fell asleep on her lap. He likes gator rides. She let me keep him while she went out to the bank then. Made some scrambled egg mixtures in the waffle machine and we had tomato, bacon, and waffled egg sandwiches for supper. Filled more corn orders in the eve.

Tues.-Busy day. Processed 4 quarts of tomato juice. Had cooked the vegetables overnight in the crockpot. Kathy L. came over for a nice visit and we made plans for CA. Alli and Nathan came and we went over to see PR again and he got to hold his very sleepy grandchild. Alli helped make apple cupcakes and dusted the house and washed the fans. The guys picked at least 1,100 ears of corn. I delivered some on my way to a meeting at Charlies. Judy got 100 and so did Ginger. Got home late. It was good to catch up with some friends and make plans.

Wed.-Went to the dentist. Worked outside pulling weeds and planting seeds. Spinach. Lettuce. Green beans. Wrote a blog I've been thinking about "Perfect Praise." Kept Nathan in the evening. Happy Birthday Naomi Dear! Nathan turned over from his tummy to his back today. I didn't see him do it but he seemed surprised after the deed was done.

Thurs.-Dropped off soup at Ivona's, corn at Grunert's and Janelle's. Went to Lori's for a nice visit and lunch with her and Chris. Had a great time. Rejoiced over Gabe's healing. Caught up with our kids. Read her two of my writings. Came home and did corn. Alli came over and helped. Made corn fritters in the evening. Roger M. stopped by to pick up corn and had his first corn fritter. Copied the recipe for him. It's from The Mennonite Cookbook. Got stung by a hornet this afternoon. Chased me through my hair and blouse the whole way to the house. Enflamed upper left arm. Took some Benedryl. Hitting the sack early.

Fri.-Slept until after 10:30. Two benedryl are too much. Michael made a movie of me when I got up at 8:30. I went back to bed. I made him nervous. Made tomato juice. Tidied my bedroom and kitchen. Packed a little. Nathan came in the evening and cheered me on while I cleaned out my purses on my bed with him propped up on my pillows. Rained off and on all day. Phil picked corn long after dark. Guess what we're doing tomorrow. (found out later that the Benedryl mixed with a hornet sting definitely gave me an unusual drunk like reaction.)

Sat.-Did about 30 more packs of corn. Cleaned the house. Packed. Played the piano. Studied. Made bear meatballs with sauce and pasta. Went shopping with Phil in Lynchburg and had a date a Cold Stone Creamery. He got an apple pie ice cream cup and I got a chocolate chocolate mint cup. Both got shoes and he also got some hats and shirts and a pair of shorts at the Veteran's Thrift. Saw Chris in the parking lot at Dick's. Got to talk with his children in the car while they waited for their mother, Whitney, who was also buying shoes and backpacks. Tax free weekend plus buy one pair get one half off. Alan, Katie W's boyfriend, was here with Michael when we got home. I put this on face book. "Guess who will be 2 months old tomorrow? If I'd had known how wonderful it is to be a Grandma, I'd have been one a long time ago." Which is really silly, but I've been wanting to say it for awhile.

Sun.-Great day at church morning and evening. In between, eating lunch and watching a Monk with Phil, making a cake for Nathan's 2 month old birthday, visiting with Nathan, Mommy, Daddy, Susan coming home.

No comments: