Monday, July 7, 2014

Hertzler Doings~July 7-13, 2014

Mon.-Susan and I went to Appomattox and I got groceries while she worked out in the gym. Then she went to Farmville and I made supper and got the garden things in and did some wash and took a nap. After Susan came home, she mowed the lawn, but first she got to hold Nathaniel for awhile. Freeman and Phil captured a pile of bees that were about rebel and swarm and using a white sheet and a box, they coaxed them out of the raspberry bushes and into the hive on the white sheet. Philip's working on his property. Susan went to a Fourth of July party over at Fisher's. And Nathaniel's coming back for a 7-9 visit so mommy and daddy can work in the garden and bake.

Tues.-Helped Alli make dill pickles with cucumbers from their garden. Nathan sat out in his chair in the kitchen with us and fell asleep. Did some garden work. The bees that they captured yesterday escaped today. Susan worked at BH and then worked out. Michael worked around here. Guys plus Tommy worked at HV next door. Jordan came over later in the eve. and visited. Phil went to a meeting. Susan mowed the lane. I helped Alli give Nathan a bath. It takes two, baby. It really does. I am so thankful that Nathan lives 1 mile down the road. He leaned his body towards me when he saw me this morning and smiled and smiled after I sang him a song. Freeman was happy with his new coffee roaster that Alli got him for his birthday. Came today. Susan and I watched Monk. Serious thunderstorm around here and fb is posting pictures of downed trees in Pa. My brother, Alan, had a tree branch come down and flip over and land against his garage, missing his truck. Other news, a typhoon is making landfall in Japan and 70 rockets have been launched against Israel so far this eve.

Wed.-Micah was here for several hours today. He went with Susan and I to get our car and she went to work and I took him to DQ for a cookie dough blizzard. Came home and took the gator to HV to see the guys working and took the turkey trail. He liked holding the stick to keep the cobwebs from getting us. We played a little Connect Four and then he played with dominoes. We watched a little of Night at the Museum. Alli and Nathan came after lunch for a little while. She brought me the vodka she bought at the ABC store for me so I could make our own vanilla extract. She tried to explain to them that it wasn't for her but I'm not sure if they believed her. Lindsay told me that Freeman had done the same thing for her years ago. Helen came and picked up Micah and saw Nathan for the first time. Susan and I hung out ordering a swim suit etc. and then watched a movie. Nathan was having some belly pain and had been unhappy for over four hours. I walked him for awhile. Took him outside on the front step and prayed, "Dear Jesus. If there is anything in his belly that is upsetting him, please help him get it out." Immediately, he burped 3 hard long burps and promptly fell asleep. We were so thankful. Dear little guy.

Thurs.-Busy day cooking, baking, readying the mancave for Rosalee and family, visiting with Nathan and Alli, watching a Monk with Susan, hitting the sack early. Oh! Rode the gator around with my new yellow seats that Phil ordered and installed. It's like having a new vehicle!

Fri.-Had a busy day freezing blueberries, cleaning the house, doing the wash, cooking, etc. and getting ready for my sister, Rosalee, and her family-Jim and Katrina and K's fiancé, Stephen's arrival. They started out at 8:30 and traveled an hour, had some van trouble, stopped in at a garage and were sent home to exchange the van for a car since it seems there is a transmission problem. Finally arrived around 6:30 after a very long day of travel. We had a nice cook out and some of us are watching The Three Stooges. They are sleeping in the mancave tonight and we have plans to do some sight seeing and river relaxing tomorrow. Good night Full Moon. Alli, Freeman, and Nathan were here too and Emily. Nathan seemed much more comfortable. Gave his daddy some great smiles. I wanted mother to be able to see Rosalee holding my grandbaby and she wanted to tell mother that she was coming down to see her. I guess we'll miss her always until we see her again. Maybe she gets to see our joy.

Sat.-Great day with Rosalee, Jim, Stephen, and Katrina and our family. Had a big country breakfast with Mike and Philip in charge. Free and Alli and Nathan came too. Then I took the Schnecks to the Confederate Museum. We had lunch when we got home, then went to the river and sat with our feet in the water, skipped stones, did some fishing, crayfish hunting, came back and had tortillas and watched several Monks and ate popcorn. FAN came for our very late super. FAN-Freeman Alli Nathan.

Sun.-Nice leisurely morning visiting with Rosalee and family. She made baked oatmeal and we enjoyed it. Church was good. Came home and had a lunch of sandwiches, sang a few songs for the Schnecks, and took a nap after the left. Nathan came to join me but he was a little uncomfortable and woke up. Made some food for a friend tonight. PB went fishing with Philip. Jordan and Michael hung out too. Susan went to the movies with some friends. I'll fill in details later.

No comments: