Thursday, August 14, 2014

Hertzler Doings~Aug. 11-17, 2014

Mon.-I slept in until 9:30. Susan slept in too. Michael, Phil, and Kathy, left early to go to the Ronald Reagan Library beyond Los Angeles. I was just too tired. Susan started yelling in her room. I quickly went over. "Mom, Mom! Karalee had her baby!" We relaxed by the pool and later, Tom took us shopping to REI, just 6 miles away, where we both bought Hoka sneakers. Wow, what a difference they make. After the others came back from RRLibrary, we went out and met the Shippey's and Jenny and Seth at Hibachi, where we saw a great show demonstrated on the grill and with sharp utensils and had wonderful Japanese food. Hard to say good bye to such dear friends.

Tues.-Up at 5 and left at 6:15. Had some traffic on the way to the airport but got there in time to take it easy for an hour. Phil and I bought several books to read on the plane and later, I went out for a walk and snuck in a snickers as I lapped around the concession stands in my new sneakers. Flight was uneventful but we did have some turbulence from storms and saw two beautiful rainbows in the sky and one later on the ground. DC had storms. Landed at 5:45 and pulled away from the parking lot at 7. Drove nearly 4 hours to get home. Stopped at Subway. Michael kept Phil awake by holding interesting conversations with him. I fell asleep. It's good to be home.

Wed.-Slept until 8:30. Unpacked. Did wash. Caught up with Naomi on phone and made plans for our trip to Nantucket. Alli came over in the afternoon and Nathan looked and looked all around and took two naps in my arms. Susan went to the gym, got groceries, did wash, and mowed. Phil had meeting in eve. Philip went to youth group. Michael is studying. School starts Monday for him.

Thurs.-Phil left for Williamsburg early to check out job for next couple of weeks. I worked on blogging and correspondence. Susan made Greek yogurt and went out to Farmville for some errands. Mowed Happy Valley later in the eve. Phil picked up two calves and then we went out to Farmville to get some cow food. He handed me a big bag of chocolates and a beautiful card which made me cry. It's our 32nd anniversary. Nathan and Alli came over around noon and were here for awhile. He doesn't want to settle and we are wondering if it is connected to the Tylenol Alli took earlier. Phil held him for awhile and Nathan really likes being in the crook of his crossed legs. He thinks Phil wears the coolest shirts and he studies the checks and plaids. Philip is excavating tonight and will close on his house tomorrow. Life is changing.

Fri.-Still getting back to normal. Studied, made pizza sauce, did some wash, cleaned both bathrooms, took care of Nathan this eve. He had some colic and he cried so hard I had to cry for him and Phil almost cried. The colic and teething hyland's tablets really work. He enjoyed his bath. I can't believe how big he is. He looks more like a 4 month old. What a dear little guy he is. Philip and Susan went to Philip's ball game tonight. Michael went down to the cottage to write and study. Phil finished a book he bought at the airport. And I fell more deeply in love with Nathan. I wonder. When we cry. Does God cry too?

Sat.-Went to see Dr. F. Pretty tight from all the traveling experiences. Cleaned the house a little, made food, tidied the porches, cleaned the car. Susan went to Matthew J's good bye party tonight. He's headed to Bible School.  Philip went bow fish hunting with Ricky. Jordan came over to be with Michael down at the river. Tom and Phil are cutting corn. I'm alone. Stalking people on face book. About to study. It's been a good day.

Sun.-Enjoyed SS and Church today. Pastor Bill is teaching a series on spiritual disciplines. Today was on the discipline of having the Word of God active in our lives. Stopped in to see Doyne and Diane on the way home. Phil picked up another calf from Steve. I rested and studied a little. Haven't seen much of the guys today. Susan spent the night at Claires after Matthew's party and she got very little sleep. Has been sleeping this afternoon and is going to bed early. Phil's preparing for his next few weeks of work at a m. base in W. I'm catching up with Lindsay on fb and making plans for the week ahead. It's been a nice day. It was fun seeing Nathan at church. I usually see him here and so it was really exciting to see him. I knew better than to fight for him before church. Philip said "I have dibs on the babe." So, I gave up. And waited.

No comments: