Monday, August 25, 2014

Hertzler Doings~Aug. 25-31, 2014

Mon.-Studied, exercised, shopped in Appomattox while Susan worked out at the gym. Then she joined me and we found some perfect clothes in Peebles for our future excursions. Also bought her some jewelry at B&L that I've been wanting to get her and she found herself some big pearls. As I put groceries away, Susan made some of the best food I've ever eaten. Chicken, vegetables, rice, cashews, green peppers. Wow. After she went to the volleyball games I went over to Helen's and got some corn and tomatoes. Then I stopped in at Alli's and watched Nathan while she fed the dogs. They came here for the evening and we attempted to watch an extremely long movie about Pocahontas that I borrowed from Helen. New Land I think it's called. Michael is studying and doing an on line theology course. The guys put in a full day's work. The coyotes are howling extra loud. And it's time for bed.

Tues.-Watched Nathan for a little while-Alli got groceries. Then I went to Dr. Harvey's to get xrays for tooth pain. May be sinuses. Have appt. for new fillings in 3 weeks. Dr. F is sure it's the ragweed. Canned 7 qts tomato juice. Guys came home early today. Michael and Philip went to Chi Alpha and Susan went to Andrew F's going away party. Headed over to Europe for 4 months with Calvary Chapel. I studied Is. 61 and got my notebook organized for Wed. nights at church. Little Nathan is teething and miserable. Am glad Freeman is home and is able to take turns with Alli holding the little guy.

Wed.-Took the car to Bailey's. Lisa H. met me there and we went to Uptown Café. I love that place. Great food and friendly faces. Bailey's rotated the tires and replaced one that had wires exposed. Said it could have exploded any time, that I shouldn't even touch it. Went to Dr. F's on way home and she worked on my jaw and sinuses. Teeth are better today. Alli came over and brought lunch for her and Freeman and then took a nap with Nathan on our bed. I did some cooking, washing clothes, exercising, etc. Played with Nathan and then packed for the long weekend up in Pa. Susan got another phone today and is finishing up the mowing and will pack when she comes in. Phil's working over at O'Briens. Philip's at youth group and Michael's at Chace's working on school.

Thurs.-Susan drove us to Diane Horan's from 8-3 with several stops and one very long 30 min. traffic jam. Got there before D. did and she told me the number to punch in to get into the house. I found the chocolate stash right away in her pantry. She came home soon and the three of us sat in the pool and chatted until Zach got home.  I took a nice long Jacuzzi bath while Diane made a delicious supper of Steve's chicken, homemade mac and cheese, and tomato salad. Oh! And her famous handmixed chocolate chip cookies with coffee. Diane can tell a funny story and one of them put me over the edge and I saw anxious looks among them. But it felt good. Slept in Meg's room. Susan had the guest room.

Fri.-Had a few hours with Diane alone this morning drinking coffee, eating eggs and bread with honey, and chocolate chip cookies. A chocolate chip cookie, I should say. D. took Susan and I on a Corvette ride around the neighborhood. D. showed me her gardens and we sat around and talked, took a nap, and left around 4. We got to BB's around 5 and shopped and filled the trunk. Then we went to Joe and Karen's and visited with Jonathan also and we took him with us to visit Debra, Bradley, Anne, Dave, and David. Jordan, too, I think. Grandpa's weren't home. They were with Uncle Allen. Debra's mother showed me her apartment. I said, "I want to live here!" She said, "Pick a number" or "Get in line". Apparently I'm not the only one who likes how cozy Debra made the two rooms Karalee designed. Susan saw a movie with Brads and a few of his friends and after they left, those two stayed up until nearly 2:00 talking. I hit the sack relatively early after spending some quality time with Karen and Jonathan while Joseph slept on the couch. Oh, how I love my sister in laws. And Oh how I miss them. I liked the new puffy mattress in 'my' bedroom.

Sat.-Had a nice leisurely breakfast with Karen, Joe, and Jonathan. Homemade waffles and homemade peach, strawberry, and vanilla yogurt. She makes it by the gallon. Mom called and we went to Walmart together and had a nice time visiting. Susan and I went over for lunch then and had toasted tomato and cheese sandwiches and peaches. Started getting ready for Travis and Corinne's wedding around 1:00. Wedding was at 3 at Weaver's Orchard. Got to see Anne, Ed, Kimberly, Justin, Elizabeth, their four children, Uncle Allen, and Linda Renno. Anne showed me their new old place. Such a dear friend she is. They gave us a huge bag of apples. The wedding festivities took place between 3-9. Philip and Michael were in the party as were Chace and Eric and Jordan. I got to dance with Travis and tell him how much I appreciate him. Had to cry a little bit. It's amazing that Corrine and Travis met in Farmville and will be living in Birdsboro. One of my favorite things of the wedding was when Corinne and her father danced a slow dance together and then went into numerous other kinds of dances. Learned 'The Shuffle.' Susan and I left around 8:30. She and Brads went to get a pizza at Walmart and Jordan and Dianah and Bradley and her watched a movie and ate pizza. I had another nice visit with Jonathan and Karen. He told her that she and daddy need to go away again so I can take care of him. Maybe in March if they go on a missions trip. We'll see. Jonathan kept telling us to stop talking because he wanted to do a little show for us.

Sun.-I woke up Jonathan and snuggled with him for a little while. Then Susan and I met Michael, Philip, Chace, and Jordan, at Grandpa and Grandma Hertzler's for breakfast. They recited Psalm 103 together. It was beautiful and meaningful. Mom had made blueberry baked oatmeal. We also had some donuts the guys brought, concord grapes, peaches, and coffee. Jordan and Bradley came over and then Jim and Debra. We stood in a circle and dad led us in a prayer. The guys left and then our car did that security system freeze so we 'hurried back' into the house sooner than dad expected when he said those words. Had another nice visit. Dad blessed me with "God bless you and give you grace, joy, and peace, as you minister to your children and your good man." We got gas at Joanna and I changed from my jeans into stretch pants right there in the car. Got onto the turnpike around 9:40 and were home 5 1/2 hours later. I went to bed at 6:30 and slept until 7 the next morning.

No comments: