Monday, January 5, 2015

Hertzler Doings~Jan. 5-11, 2015

Mon.-Today is the first day that I felt alive in the U.S. And it's the 13th day. And they said to allow one day of recovery for each hour time difference and there were 13 hours difference between Va and Thailand. So I should have trusted the statistics instead of thinking I was sick with something foreign. Thought I was going to be a hermit forever. But today I met Jenny for lunch at Uptown, ran errands, visited Judy, and had dinner with Candi at La Parota.  Came home and froze turkey special meat-having bought all 12 packages on sale. Heard a lot about the flu today and how the hospital is full. The New Life basketball team is selling donuts as a fund raiser right in the midst of the New Life fast. Maybe we should sell vegetable soup instead. Or salad. Happy Eleventh Birthday to Micah! He and Janelle will be home here Friday night.

Tues.-Went out to Appomattox and visited Walmart, Kroger, Lisa at Baine's, Village Print Shop to get my Nantucket photo cards, B and L, and Salvation Army. Kept Nathan for a little while in the afternoon. I love that little guy. I bought a little seat for him at Carousels yesterday and put it on top of the card table in front of the door window and he watched the birds. He drank water from a little sippy cup and ate a whole container of pears. I wanted to eat them but I fed him instead. Made potato soup and chicken vegetable soup and chicken drumsticks and we took some potato soup over to Travis M. They can put it in a blender since he's not supposed to chew for a month. Michael and Susan are watching old movies-Animated Peter Pan and then, Annie. Philip's been trapping. It's getting cold. Nearly freezing. Snowing in Pa and Culpepper.

Wed.-Today I caught up on M-W job list. Then I went to see Nathan. He was in a high mood, talking and yelling loudly and happily. He's begun his army crawl. He gets a little toy, tosses it about a foot away, and army crawls over to it. He loves to watch his mommy cook. In the evening, Phil and I went to church for family night. The rest of our family had other plans. (Susan went to Lynchburg Goodwilling with Shorty and then to the gym.) The church leaders lined the middle aisle and anointed and prayed and blessed families/individuals as they walked through. Then the leaders walked through. It was incredible. I was so happy that I hardly slept. Ran the water tonight to keep the pipes from freezing.

Thurs.-Nearly 0 degrees. Michael is cutting firewood. Guys are over at Lawlers. Phil is going to check out a job about 2 hours away with his cousin's son-D. Susan will go out this afternoon and meet her team and go for a game in Richmond. (They won again. 8-0 wins/losses now. Lady Lions Unbeaten.)  Danny F. brought her home after midnight. Guys game afterwards. Janelle and Micah are flying home. Will get here tomorrow eve. She's hoping the snow in NY doesn't cause a delay. Guys went over to Bethany's for a little get together for her while she's home from the ministry in Georgia.

Fri.-So tired today. Perhaps I shouldn't have eaten that bag of chocolate yesterday. I knew it would be a temptation during the fast coming up so I eliminated the temptation. Why do I do things like that? Did wash, looked up some stuff on-line-(Hoagies/Gifted Information)-a lady who teaches the gifted sat next to Phil on a flight and she gave him the hoagie website, exercised and watched a Columbo with Susan before heading out to get her car at Bailey's. It let her sit on her way to New Life yesterday. It needed a new radiator, etc. She then went to basketball practice while I went to the PO to send some packages, stopped in at Carousel-the new and great thrift store in Farmville-went to Judy's and snuggled with Logan because he was so snuggly after his nap. Tom and Sammy Jo both got home while I was there. Had some more chocolate to help Judy get rid of her temptation. Went to Walmart and bought fruit and vegetables. Came home. Got in the tub and talked with Lindsay for awhile. Always so good to talk with someone from our side of the family. Susan got her warm up suit today. Her initials are embroidered on the suit and she looks sharp in navy blue. She seems to have a cold. Philip, Michael, and Jordan, headed to Pa for Eric Weaver's wedding tomorrow afternoon. Jordan is going to stay and visit with Travis while the guys are with family. They left around 5:30 and should be there by midnight. I think they're staying with Aunt Karen, bless her heart, and are hoping to have breakfast with Grandma tomorrow morning. I talked with Phil's dad Wed. night. He was still in the hospital but he sounded wonderful and I've stopped being so weepy about him. He's going for some physical therapy and then will be home. Thank God. It was in the 40's today. Felt like I could get a tan compared to the frostbite I could have gotten yesterday.

Sat.-Guys are in Pa for Eric's outdoor wedding. Lots of bonfires all around. They went to see Grandpa H. at rehab. Susan is fighting a cold. She went to the gym to work it off and then later to Noel's birthday party. I made Philip's camouflage fleece blanket, vacuumed and washed the floors, and wrapped myself in a blanket and sat in a chair out in the sun. I think I am ready to go to the doctor next week and whip whatever smuggled themselves back within me from Thailand. Phil and I drove to a mile up the road to babysit Nathan while his parents went out to eat. We watched a high action movie and Phil worked his charm on Nathan and he was happy in his arms as he danced about during any movie music. He is just adorable. There is nobody like him. Nobody eats sweet potatoes and applesauce like him. Nobody looks at my face like he does. Nobody says, "Numnumnum" while he eats like he does. Nobody smiles at his mommy and daddy like he does. Nobody throws his toys with the quickness and strength that he does. There is nobody like him and I am in love.

Sun.-Rode with Alli and Freeman to church this morning. Nathan fell asleep on the way and he was all cuddly with me during the SS hour. His parents are teaching a class from the book 'Anonymous,' and Philip and I will be watching the little guy. Church was great. We redboxed some movies and both were really strange. The first one was 'Transcendence' and the second one was 'Noah.' I kept thinking that Noah couldn't get any worse but it did. The guys got home from Pa. They had a nice time at Eric's wedding.

No comments: