Monday, January 12, 2015

Hertzler Doings~Jan.12-18, 2015

Mon.-Did a few things today. Exercised. Went to the Dr. for tests to see if there is a reason I don't feel good and if it has to do with Thailand. Got a few groceries. Made pureed vegetable soup. Went to bed soon after six. The end. Oh! And Naomi called and she walked to the mailbox while we were talking and the package I sent her came and she loved the cards from Nantucket. That was fun.

Tues.-Slept from 7 last night until 7 this morning and then off and on all day. The end.

Wed.-Blood work negative. Was up more. Resting on chair. Watching Columbo. Talked with Mom. Dad's still in rehab.

Thurs.-Read the news on face book that Michael made the Dean's List! Congratulations! Took car to Bailey's to check brakes. Judy came and got me and I rested at her place. She served me lunch in Tom's chair. Incredible potato soup, chicken soup, and bruschetta. Then we watched Calendar Girl's which is a great girl movie only for those 50 and older. We cried. We laughed. She said that her sister Debby would lay an egg watching this and that she wishes she could get a copy for all of her friends. Susan picked me up and took me to Bailey's on her way to basketball practice. Brakes will be good until inspection. Got a few groceries. Came home. Folded wash. Michael's at school. Phil's taking Susan out for a date to Lynchburg. I'm hitting the sack soon. Oh, Erma Wenger passed away this morning. Was relieved for her and saddened for her family. I am sure she and mother are reveling with each other about the wonders of heaven's air. Both were using oxygen when they took their last breath here. Philip may be working on his house tonight. Not sure yet.

Fri.-A shout out to my Lindsay Lou. I still can't believe we missed them at Christmas. We were in Thailand and they were here and slept in our bed and were beloved by my boys and Alli and Nathan. I am still finding sweet notes in different places. What a fun thing to do for someone.  Feeling a little better today. Dusted and vacuumed. Helped Susan with a  toilety problem over at HV. Went to her basketball game tonight. They really won. We were all there. She played well and wisely with her sprained back. I love those girls on her team. And her coach. Coaches. Oh, I also put together Susan's report card for all four high school years. She has a 96% grade average for her five main courses. It will be even higher when I add in some extracurricular activities. Way to go Suz. Saw Nathan at the game tonight. Dear little guy was not excited about all the yelling and screaming and his little teeth need to appear so he's not in so much pain. So precious is he, I can hardly stand it. Uncle Ed was there tonight with Marv. Phil and I stopped at Tractor Supply on the way home and got chicken pellets and dog food. Phil's talking to his Dad on the phone. He's still in rehab. Hopefully, he'll get home soon.

Sat.-I like getting my cleaning done Monday through Friday-splitting up the chores a little bit here and a little bit there. Then, on Sat. morning, I can visit with my family, knitting, while Michael plays guitar and Susan makes breakfast. I also started a little drawing textbook because I want to paint. Everything in me wants to paint beautiful clouds right after dawn and right before dusk. Susan worked over at HV for a little today. Phil worked at the Lawler's and put a bid together. Michael studied. Philip worked on his house. Freeman and Alli had a visit from Justin and Elizabeth Weaver and their four children. Alli, Nathan, and I, went to Michelle's baby shower this afternoon at Calvary Chapel and I got to see some friends I miss. I ate cake. During my fast. But I need to forgive myself and move on. Someone else was there from our church and weighs half my weight and is also fasting and she didn't give in except to eat part of the scone her daughter couldn't finish. I excuse myself by saying that I want to celebrate Michelle's baby by eating cake so that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. God isn't disappointed with me. I'm just a little disappointed in me. Mostly because I am just starting to feel better and now I put all that back in my body. Oh well, I ate enough desserts for the next two weeks so I'm good to go. Alli and Freeman may be bringing Nathan over for awhile so they can prepare for SS class. There was a bag of apples and lots of apple cider on our front porch when I got home. Thank you Ed! Susan's spending the eve. with Jenny, Claire, Molly, and Mary. They went to a Longwood basketball game, then to Uptown for a live show. We had a nice evening with Nathan- the uncles, Phil, and I.

Sun.-Great church service. Relaxing afternoon of rest, movies, and popcorn. Philip at Prayer and Praise in eve.

No comments: