Monday, January 26, 2015

Hertzler Doings~Jan. 26-Feb. 1, 2015

Mon.-Weather forecasting blizzard for the north east. We have rain here. Nathan came this morning while mommy went to New Life. Mom and Dad called and Dad told me the story about when Phil was about Nathan's age and Ginny didn't want to burden her mother with too much babysitting and her mother said, "But I want him!" And I said, 'That's exactly how I feel.' Everything stops when he comes and little else is important. He is so pleasant and doesn't miss a thing. I love that he loves the birds. I love the way he looks at his mommy. He looks at his mommy like his daddy looked at his mommy to be when she walked down the aisle. After eating a salad for lunch my stomach was on a lurch all day. Must have been sprayed with something even though it said it was organic. Did lots of wash, exercised, worked on my drawing lessons, played the piano, and knitted. Listened to Andy Andrews-7 decisions, etc. So good. Susan had practice this eve. Everyone is home.

Tues.-Visited with Lori K. this morning then went to get groceries. It was very busy. I asked the Kroger check out lady if it was going to snow. She said it was Sr. Tuesday. How old is a Senior I asked. She said 55. I went to get the Sr. card but they were too busy with all the Seniors to wait on me. It was nice to see Lynah G. She said she reads my blog so I'm giving a shout out to one of the sweetest lady's I know. Came home and put things away and then took a deep nap. Then went with Phil to Susan's game for Sr. night. They won again. The Seniors and their parents were honored out in the middle of the court. I videotaped two of Susan's successful shots. Philip came also. Michael had a night flight and Alli and Freeman stayed home with Nathan who had a rough day of teething.

Wed.-Nathan came to visit this morning. He is so smart. One of his toys skittered under his walker and he just calmly moved his walker and got his toy. No crawling in and getting stuck or squalking because he couldn't get something he wanted. He just moved it aside and got it. Cleaned the house a little and took a walk. It's the first day I am not terribly exhausted since the trip. I even went out to town this eve and got a new hairdo and went to Dianna's class-'The Bait of Satan' by John Bevere. So good. Went to Walmart afterwards. Phil had started the tub for me and forgot about it. He raced back and caught it in time.

Thurs.-Got to talk to sis-in-law, Karen, this morning which was nice since our trip to Pa will be such a quick one. Also talked to Mom and she sounded cheerful. The guys were hammering in the background. They are enlarging the bathroom upstairs.  I was walking around the circle while talking to Mom and Karen and got my walk in. Glad to be walking again. Made some molasses cooky dough and chilled it while Phil and I went to Lynchburg to get him a suit. We had supper at Golden Corral. Sheri Koenig came over in the eve with rice and fish curry she had made for their supper. A Thai dish she knew we'd like. It was delicious. Sat around and talked and drank tea and made the cookies. Susan went to basketball practice and stayed for the guys game. Philip went visiting and shared some sausage. Michael studied. Has a big flight tomorrow. (Cancelled due to windy wild weather.)

Fri.-A good day after mostly a sleepless night. Went over to Alli's and she taught me how to knit with my arms and I made an infinity scarf out of turquoise thick yarn. She made a white one for K. and attached a blue ribbon. Nathan was patient with us for a very long time. Alli said later on fb that Nathan was 'terrorizing the dishwasher' as she was loading it. Lindsay commented that Ben comes RUNNNIINNNGGG when he hears the dishwasher open. I wish those two boys could grow up side by side. Packed for Pa. Tidied the house a bit. Made some super-duper potato soup with lots of calories especially for Grandpa Hertzler. He needs to gain weight. Tommy is spending the night and going up with the boys for Katie's wedding. Phil talked with Johnny Brynan tonight. Encouraged him to come to Freedom Encounter and adapt it for Kenya.

Sat.-Was awake at 2 and finally got up at 3:45 and we hit the road at 4:50 and arrived in Pa. at 11. Spent a few hours with Mom and Dad. Brought potato soup and molasses cookies with us and had lunch with them. Philip, Michael, and Tommy showed up later and we got to visit with Bradley as well. Got ready for wedding at Joe and Karen's and then I went with Karen and Jonathan to the wedding early for Jonathan's pictures. He and David were the banner bearers. The carried a sign between them "Here Comes the Bride". The wedding was at Goggle Works in Reading. The decorations were natural and simple and beautiful. Burlap, white lights, jars, pine cones, greens, etc. I saved our name 'tags.' It was a beautiful wedding, very relaxed and meaningful. Paul walked Katie down the aisle and stopped several times on the way down, asking, I think, "Do you really want to do this?" And she would giggle and nod. We ate at the same places where we sat for the wedding. I sat beside Lynney Burkholder and across from Anne Weaver. It was evident that they gave thought to where they placed people and I appreciated it as I looked around and saw where my family was situated. We had a lovely meal of honey bbq chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes, and salad. There was also an ice cream bar with desserts. Phil, Susan, and I, left at 7 and stopped at a Sheetz and changed into more comfortable clothes. Taking turns driving and sleeping, we arrived home around 1 in the morning. There was a package in the mail  from Lindsay and a double card full of kind words reminding me that it's been ten years since our friendship began. Besides the loving letter she gave me a necklace with a tree of life and an owl. Which are great symbols of our relationship because we give wisdom and life to each other in our own ways. She is more than a friend. She is family. And all in her household are family as well. I love you Lindsay.

Sun.-Phil went to church. Susan and I stayed home and relaxed. Phil and I went to Ray and Ruth's to watch the super bowl. Guys got home just before we left. Ruth broke her leg last night in two places. Tripped over the gas hose and fell flat. Dear friend. We had a nice relaxing time at their place and it's the first time I really watched and somewhat understood any sort of football game whatsoever, although I used to play it at Camp Deer Park with First Deaf in my teens. Guys went to Chi Alpha Super Bowl Party and Susan went to the gym and then stayed home for the eve. Got to bed around 11.

No comments: